Author Topic: Version 1.25.1-1658 - Beta version on Google Play  (Read 10867 times)

chris122380

Re: Version 1.25.1-1658 - Beta version on Google Play
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 08:22:49 pm »
Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce it on every start of the app.
I can only see a request after I erase app memory and start it for the first time.

Maybe if you blocked that request with AdGuard it is trying on next start as well.

We are still waiting on explanation from Google...

Thanks,
Anton.

What about the GIF bug? Unable to post GIF images from SwiftKey or Gboard into composer.

merl

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 01:13:47 am »
Chris, you are asking questions that you don’t get an intelligible answer to. In fact, aquamail is dead. He lives at the present time by what Kostya has done and they have not done anything new and will never do.
It's funny to talk about some new functionality if the developers announce in the what's new section that they have removed one ad network and added another. What else can you expect from this approach. It's a pity, it was the best email client for android. Mobisystems can be congratulated on destroying a great program. They got their way.

chris122380

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 02:18:05 am »
Chris, you are asking questions that you don’t get an intelligible answer to. In fact, aquamail is dead. He lives at the present time by what Kostya has done and they have not done anything new and will never do.
It's funny to talk about some new functionality if the developers announce in the what's new section that they have removed one ad network and added another. What else can you expect from this approach. It's a pity, it was the best email client for android. Mobisystems can be congratulated on destroying a great program. They got their way.

As I have said before the Google API is not a add Tracker. It is a crash tracker even Mobisystems has told you that. The api has been misbehaving and that's why they where reaching out to Google. If you would research the host request you would realize that. Plus the Mobisystems rep also said that you could block the host and it wouldn't effect its usage. If your using a host blocking software on your phone or network what do you care.

Aquamail has received more updates then most email programs including your precious fairemail (which has a clunky outdated interface and small font). There was even a plan to add to PGP or s/mime support (based on a previous survey). Aquamail isn't dead you're just impatient for what takes time to program.

Justin

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2020, 07:00:45 pm »
We are still fighting to resolve this issue and stop any unnecessary requests.
Firebase Crashlytics is Google service and we have contacted them about this matter, currently we are in the waiting for their response.

I have inspected the requests and I can see no tracking data in it. It's just data about the app like package name, version etc.
Seems like these requests are only executed on upgrade of the app, at least this is how we could reproduce it.
Any news on this?
(I'm actually not using your beta versions)

Those unwanted connections happen daily several times.