Author Topic: pop3 download attachments - bug or i don't know  (Read 1206 times)

slwkk

pop3 download attachments - bug or i don't know
« on: June 27, 2020, 02:34:07 pm »
Hi,

i think i have tried all the options and i have no clue what's wrong.

I have one simple need - the mail client working in a background , check for new mails every few minutes, once there is email - downloads it with attachments in a specific folder.

I am using gmail, configured pop3 so that the mails are downloaded for sure and removed from the server, i get an email but the attachments (photos) are not auto-saved and i also can't find them in any of the cache folders.

I can open the mail, click on save the attachment and then the photo is properly saved in the speficied folder but it don't happen automatically and this is what i need.

I have removed all limits for downloading attachments, specified my own download/cache folder and tried all possible options i could find - still nothing.

Any clue how this can be achieved if at all with this mail client? Let me repeat - i need a mail client which auto download all attachments to specific folder without touching the android device at all.

I am running android 9.

Thanks!

phred

Re: pop3 download attachments - bug or i don't know
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 05:10:41 pm »
I may be wrong (and if I am someone will comment) but I'm pretty sure there is no option to automatically save attachments.