Author Topic: Microsoft Authenticator 2FA and Office365  (Read 2702 times)

dgnomadil

Microsoft Authenticator 2FA and Office365
« on: May 18, 2020, 06:10:07 pm »
I've been using aquamail pro for work for almost 2 years now.
We just went to 2FA on 0365.
I managed to get 2 FA to work initially by re-adding my account which prompted me for MSAuth approval.
After 72 hours, the client failed to authenticate and will not prompt for approval, had to recreate the profile to be prompted for 2fa
I have checked the forum and it looks to be a dated subject
The client will not recognize an app level password as well
Any thoughts on how to get this to work successfully?

Thanks in advance DGN
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 05:34:17 pm by dgnomadil »

ComputerWhiz_

Re: Microsoft Authenticator 2FA and Office365
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 06:22:17 am »
I may be wrong, but doesn't the Microsoft system provide a special password for logging into mail apps when you enable 2FA? I remember that I was given one when I setup 2FA on my account because the regular password won't keep you logged in.

aneurysm

Re: Microsoft Authenticator 2FA and Office365
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 02:08:02 pm »
hi,

Made an account just to cover this topic as well.
I used to connect simply through exchange with EWS, but that is not supported anymore.

I now connected with the office365 login, logged in with my corporate account at microsoft and my company. We use pingID for 2FA, so that was fine. Aquamail working beautifully as usual. But after several hours when I tried to refresh my mails (don't use push or device wouldn't stop buzzing :) ) it didn't do anything, it seems to want to download, but nothing happens. The 2FA isn't logged in anymore I think and I don't get a screen or message or anyting to reactivate it. Adding a 2nd account of the same server fixes it, but I don't want to do this every 12 hours or so.
I don't have this problem on the Nine email client ... but I just love aquamail so much more.

Any suggestions ?