Author Topic: Change Mail Check Interval  (Read 1400 times)

White_Rabbit52

Change Mail Check Interval
« on: May 10, 2020, 06:01:48 pm »
I am using an older version of AquaMail because it allows me to set the Custom Check Interval to 1 minute.  I reverted to using it because new version do not allow this setting to be < 5 minutes.  That will not work for me.  I am receiving text messages to wake up my phone from deep sleep.  These texts are actually e-mails, that go into a folder and notify on AquaMail.  I rely on the push notifications in AquaMail to keep me immediately notified about weather, banking, and a host of what I consider important events.

I would like to upgrade to a newer version of AquaMail, but I would like to be able to set the Custom Check Interval to <5 minutes.

I am using a phone that is about 1.5 years old.  It is a OnePlus 6T McLaren, running Android Pie.

Can anyone speak to this question, please?

Thanks,

WhiteRabbit in Tennessee 

Justin

Re: Change Mail Check Interval
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 06:44:41 pm »
I rely on the push notifications in AquaMail to keep me immediately notified about weather, banking, and a host of what I consider important events.

Hi, if you need instant push notifications, why not just use the push service instead of using an interval?

Enable push and additionally set the interval to 15 minutes.

Or does your mail server not support push?