Author Topic: Deleted and Gmail-Trash syncing just one way  (Read 1551 times)

tosonny

Deleted and Gmail-Trash syncing just one way
« on: May 06, 2020, 08:02:28 pm »
I have had this problem for a long time. Since I just searched for an email in Aqua-Mail that I deleted from the Gmail inbox in the Gmail Trash and did not find it, I would finally like to solve the problem.

I use Gmail on Mac and on Aquamail. All folders synchronize wonderfully.

When I delete an email on the Mac, it goes to the Gmail Trash (in German "Papierkorb") and is also displayed in the "Deleted" folder in Aqua-Mail.

However, when I delete an email in Aquamail, it goes to the "Deleted" folder, but then does not synchronize with the Gmail Trash. The deleted email can only be seen in Aquamail "Deleted".

Ask for help on how to set this up correctly.

mikeone

Re: Deleted and Gmail-Trash syncing just one way
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 10:12:22 pm »
You should check, if the "system folder" (Deleted) is properly linked to the server-side trash folder.

For this go to Settings > Manage accounts > tap on Account's name > Folders (Manage folders) > tap on each "system folder" and check "Sync with [Drafts, Sent, Spam, Deleted] folder"

tosonny

Re: Deleted and Gmail-Trash syncing just one way
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 12:48:12 pm »
As the tops says it: Trash syncing just one way ...that´s the problem. It is not a no syncing at all-Problem.

Edit: and right now I did some tests ...its working now for new emails (at least in one test) ....but there a emails in my inbox on the mac that I have deleted in AquaMail (and are therefore in AquaMail deleted-Folder), but they are still in the "Mac-inbox". It seams that if you delete an email in Aqua-Mail it does NOT get the trash-label of Gmail (or the delete-folder does not really sync with gmail-trash folder in this way). Therefore the emails remain in Gmail-inbox (on the Mac). Very strange.

Edit2: Another test. One of the concerned emails that is still in Gmail-inbox on the Mac and in the deleted-folder of Aquamail. I have transferred it again in AquaMail-inbox and deleted it once again. No it is also disappeared on the Mac. So it seems that there WAS a sync-problem ...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 01:21:48 pm by tosonny »