Author Topic: Push not working and notification sounds not playing  (Read 1316 times)

NJRadioGuy

Push not working and notification sounds not playing
« on: May 02, 2020, 07:28:46 am »
I use the program to receive mail via my hosted MS Exchange account, and I'm expecting PUSH email (not regular IMAP). I have it set up as an Exchange client, the Exchange server info is valid and it does receive email, but it's not push. Mail sent to my exchange account from any server (gmail, other POP3/IMAP servers, etc) is delayed getting to AquaMail, but shows up instantly on my desktop and laptop copies of Outlook 365. The delay can be significant (up to 15 minutes or more). Is there some override setting enabled that's forcing a behind-the-scenes pull rather than the expected push?

The second issue is AquaMail isn't playing the notification sounds that I set up to play whenever new mail is received. I have set up a notification sound but it doesn't play.

I am using AquaMail on a Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus, Android v10. Any help solving these two critical issues would be greatly appreciated. I run a home-based small business and this is my bread and butter. Please and thanks.