Author Topic: How does Exchange contact syncing work?  (Read 1450 times)

canadian2020

How does Exchange contact syncing work?
« on: April 18, 2020, 02:56:34 am »
Hi all,

I have a question about how AquaMail syncs contacts and calendars between my Exchange account and the standard contacts and calendar services on my device.

I'm signed into a couple Google accounts on my Android tablet so I have a contacts group for each. I was expecting AquaMail to create a third contacts and calendars group specific to my Exchange account. But instead it just picked one of my Google accounts and seems to be syncing everything to that account. I don't want my personal and work accounts to merge data. So my questions are:

1) Is it possible to have AquaMail sync contacts and calendars to an empty "group" rather than an existing account on your device?
2) If not, then can I assume my personal and work accounts are merged when syncing with AquaMail?

chris122380

Re: How does Exchange contact syncing work?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 08:46:30 am »
I use Gmail and office 365 in AquaMail. Android treats them as each separate accounts. So Gmail1 will sync to Gmail1 and Gmail2 will sync to Gmail2. So my Office 365 accounts for work show up under my work email address and my other account under my Gmail. When creating a contact usually Android will default to Gmail but you can always tap on it and save it to your works contacts.

I like AquaMail for Gmail because it will allow me to email a Gmail group AKA contact list. Not even Google's own Gmail app will do that. Office 365 works like an exchange account where it will show me my contact list but I can also search for contacts in my organization even if it's not in my contact list or on my phone.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:52:29 am by chris122380 »