Author Topic: Send/Share/Print message text  (Read 1944 times)

milligandw

Send/Share/Print message text
« on: March 13, 2020, 04:47:39 am »
As of a few months ago, the "Send/Share/Print message text" option no longer works for e-mails from some senders. One sender, in particular, is Harris Teeter who sends me a weekly ads e-mail. When the option worked in the past I would share the e-mail with a reminder app (ToDo Task Manager - Pro). Currently, when I select "Send/Share/Print message text" nothing happens. But oddly, it does work for e-mail sent from most other senders but not all senders.

Any idea why this might be?

Justin

Re: Send/Share/Print message text
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 09:18:24 am »
Hi, usually the code of sent emails consists of two parts: a HTML part and a plain text part. When sharing a mail via menu in AquaMail, only the plain text will be shared. This is because e.g. a reminder app can not deal with HTML.

I suppose, this email is a HTML mail without a plain text part. The shared text is empty.

I f you want to keep the HTML design, you must select "Google Cloud Print" in menu. You can save the mail as PDF then, and later share the PDF to other apps.

milligandw

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 06:22:39 am »
Hi Jason,

So I would conclude that HT has changed their email formatting in that regard. Interestingly, that functionality does work on some of their other emails.

David

Justin

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 02:16:32 pm »
Who is Jason? ;)

Just check the mailheader for entry "Content-Type". Then check source code of the message.

You will see if there are two alternative parts of the same mail content, on in HTML, the other in plain text. I suppose, the last part is missing.

milligandw

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 08:46:38 pm »
Justin,

In looking at both the header and source code for two different HT mailings, they both appear to include the HTML & plaintext code.

The Feb 26 mailing doesn't work with the AquaMail Send/Share/Print function, whereas the March 14 mailing does. I've attached the code files for both mailings for your review - if you don't mind.

David

Justin

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 11:35:40 am »
Sorry, can't find the reason in source code. Somebody else?