Author Topic: So what´s all the fuzz about AM using 22 trackers???  (Read 4060 times)

Kusie

So what´s all the fuzz about AM using 22 trackers???
« on: December 30, 2019, 02:46:59 pm »
I´ve been quite satisfied with Aquamail Pro in the past. Was worried about the owner change an leave of the original programmer but life goes on and so far no problems. The program does what it´s supposed to do. But I´ve been alarmed by the number of users abandoning AM Pro because of https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/org.kman.AquaMail/latest/ [nofollow]
I´ve never seen ads in my Pro version but I´ve also rooted my device and installed system wide ad blocking.
I would not accept ads in a paid software and I would definitely not accept spying code that reads/scans/tracks my emails and sends information to any third party, may they be government (russia?) or commercial recipients.

So before I delete Aquamail from my system I´d like to have a statement from the developers regarding the upper link please. Is my privacy and security still respected over commercial interests?
K.

Michael Maslarov, Aqua Mail

• Administrator
Re: So what´s all the fuzz about AM using 22 trackers???
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 12:15:16 pm »
Hi Kusie,

I am happy to hear that you are happy with Aqua Mail. Also using the Pro version means that you are a paying user and ads are not served in the Pro version.

Regarding the trackers, I am a bit puzzled. We use for ads Google Admob, Facebook ads, Inmobi and Mopub and Adjust for tracking marketing spend which is deactivated for Pro users. Admost and Firebase are used for in-app analytics of user behavior like session duration and number of active users. All of the partners we are using within Aqua Mail and the other MobiSystems apps can be seen listed in the Privacy policy here:
https://www.aqua-mail.com/privacy/
https://www.mobisystems.com/en-us/privacy-policy/

All the other listed trackers like AdColony, Moat, Unity3Ads etc are not familiar to me and why they are being listed as being part of Aqua Mail. As far as I see these are also ad serving or ad fraud prevention companies. I assume that they might be part of Admob and our other advertising partners.

In addition, you can always switch off all analytics data being sent to us by deselecting the option in Settings-About-Send usage statistics.

Also, Aqua Mail doesn't have the power to scan and/or read any emails and send them to anybody- we do not have a "spy software" as you mention. We are not connected to Russian, American, German, Iranian, Chinese or ANY government- we are an independent developer.

-Michael

Kusie

Re: So what´s all the fuzz about AM using 22 trackers???
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 06:40:08 pm »
Thanks Michael for taking the time to respond and taking my concerns seriously. I will continue to use Aquamail Pro and hope you guys will continue to improve it!
Best regards,
K.