Author Topic: Save local sent mails as eml  (Read 4583 times)

blackby

Save local sent mails as eml
« on: January 19, 2020, 09:21:26 pm »
Hi there,

based on the changelogs of version 1.22.0-1511 it is now possible to save mails in eml format.

Now, I need to save some sent mails in eml format in order to import them in my main mail desktop client. I am glad to see that the functionality appeared in the changelog. Unfortunately it was unsuccessful on my mails. The error says "could not be downloaded". Since the mails were sent locally by the aquamail client, they are not stored on the mail server. Can you please help me to find a way to export the local mails?

Kind regards

phred

Re: Save local sent mails as eml
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 10:05:46 pm »
What around forwarding them to yourself and opening/saving them on your desktop client?

blackby

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 09:44:05 am »
In that case the metadata would be false because they cannot be forwarded as attachment but inline message only.

I need the correct timestamps, origins, recipients etc.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 03:30:33 pm »
Hi,

Can you please contact us at support@aqua-mail.com with this and provide more details:
- app version (latest probably)
- Android version
- device model

We need some more explanation on what you exactly mean by:
"Since the mails were sent locally by the aquamail client, they are not stored on the mail server. Can you please help me to find a way to export the local mails?"

Where are these mails stored and what do you mean by sent locally? Can you send us some screenshot of these instances? Is this a POP3 or IMAP server? We expect your reply.

Hi there,

based on the changelogs of version 1.22.0-1511 it is now possible to save mails in eml format.

Now, I need to save some sent mails in eml format in order to import them in my main mail desktop client. I am glad to see that the functionality appeared in the changelog. Unfortunately it was unsuccessful on my mails. The error says "could not be downloaded". Since the mails were sent locally by the aquamail client, they are not stored on the mail server. Can you please help me to find a way to export the local mails?

Kind regards

blackby

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 01:07:30 am »
Hi,

I have reported the problem via mail 3 weeks ago and created this thread because I didn't receive any reply.

Anyway thanks for the reply, here are the additional details:

app version:
latest - 1.22.0-1511 (102200004)

android version:

device model:
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (beryllium)

Sent mails are store on the aquamail client only. I am utilizing a SMTP server for sending mails (POP3 for fetching).

I have attached a logfile to a mail I sent just now. It also contains all the above information.

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 11:43:59 am »
Hi,

Let's try again. Excuse me I posted a wrong download link before. Please install the version here, containing a fix:
https://www.aqua-mail.com/download/AquaMail-market-1.23.0-1550-develop-0a8a9e1bf.apk

Hi,

I have reported the problem via mail 3 weeks ago and created this thread because I didn't receive any reply.

Anyway thanks for the reply, here are the additional details:

app version:
latest - 1.22.0-1511 (102200004)

android version:

device model:
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (beryllium)

Sent mails are store on the aquamail client only. I am utilizing a SMTP server for sending mails (POP3 for fetching).

I have attached a logfile to a mail I sent just now. It also contains all the above information.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 11:27:52 am by Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support »