Author Topic: Status Bar and Lock Screen Notifications Gone  (Read 4688 times)

nhlevin

Status Bar and Lock Screen Notifications Gone
« on: December 27, 2019, 07:01:56 pm »
Greetings, All. Just rebuilt my Pixel 3 and now running Android 10. Google 1 did not retain settings for AquaMail. Manyally rebuilt all five of my accounts. However, now I can't seem to figure out what happened to the status bar and lock screen new mail notifications for all accounts. I do see the sync icon in the status bar momentarily, but no icons there or lock screen for when new mail received. Counters on widgets appear to be working fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Neal

nhlevin

Re: Status Bar and Lock Screen Notifications Gone
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 02:37:20 pm »
Anyone have any ideas here?
Have i missed this in another post?
Would love to get this solved.
Thanks,
Neal

nhlevin

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 09:17:06 pm »
Tried another factory re-set, backed-up AM settings and Android settings separately.  Restored and same problem.  Widgets and counters work fine, no notifications on status bar or sleep screen as before the upgrade to 10 on the last reset.

Anybody???

das1996

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 10:53:44 am »
Android 10 has completely changed how notifications are configured.  Look at some online tutorials/youtube videos to get a better understanding.  One the plus side it's very granular, but also very confusing.

nhlevin

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 02:06:13 pm »
Agreed that 10 has done some strange things with notifications tho why would I get "mail sending" notification and no other in status bar?  And can't get any in lock or sleep screen.

massica

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 03:55:49 pm »
i have the same problem, tried i think everything (reset, uninstall and install) but without success.
Installed i.e outlook mail app and that works with message on status bar.

thanks for any advice

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 03:13:11 pm »
Hi All,

It seems that there's an issue with Pixel 3 with Android 10 specifically:
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/13653879?hl=en
https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-google-pixel-3-not-getting-notifications-1092531

I believe massica has already contacted us at support@aqua-mail.com. If you are experiencing the same problem with Pixel 3 and Android 10, then for the moment it seems that we are not able to take action.

Additionally, if you are getting lock screen notifications from other apps, but not from Aqua Mail, capture the problem in a debug log and send it at support@aqua-mail.com.

nhlevin

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 03:51:09 pm »
With 10, notifications appear mostly to be system side (non-rooted).  It's pretty granular indeed, yet making it overly complicated!  Here's as far as I got:

Open system settings, select Apps & Notifications, select See All Apps and the select AquaMail.  Select Notifications and then turn on Message Notifications.  Then select that same setting that was just turned on
 to find the options (you can deal with Error and Sync notifications separately here as well).

If Silent is selected, not only will it not vibrate or play a sound on new messages, but it also won't provide a visual alert anywhere!   However, if you select Alerting,  Advanced settings do not let you turn off sound notification.  So while you will now get visual notifications on status bar, you get a sound too.  I really don't want a sound everytime I receive a new email in one of my 5 accounts!!

Anyone else have any success here?

Thanks,
NHL

nhlevin

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 05:07:22 pm »
Turns out that when you select Advanced and then Sound, you can select None under My Sounds.  So wildly complex, tho think this is it.  Will test and report.

massica

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 10:39:27 am »
That's it, now it works corretly, thanks very much