Author Topic: Backups including sent items  (Read 2958 times)

bunglehaze

Backups including sent items
« on: December 18, 2019, 03:04:45 pm »
Hi guys, I recently swapped to a new phone and am trying to backup and restore my email from AM between devices. I have managed to backup and restore from old to new already and the inbox is populated, however I am not seeing any of the sent messages or data from mailboxes that are currently inactive but should still have the data available.

is there a manual method i can use in which to copy the data folder from the old device and simply paste it over to the new one?

Thanks

Midori

Re: Backups including sent items
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 06:09:01 pm »
Is it so difficult to move to a new phone? I just changed my wife's phone and now risk divorce if I fails to transfer everything. I went to the former (?was it up to date?) FAQ page, but the current GUI seems not to match the FAQ instructions. Since phones get changed pretty often, it should be well automated.

Do you know if Samsung Android "Smart Switch" App can do it quickly and safely via their app's "SD Card" option?  That does backup to an SD Card > physically move the SDCard > Restore from SD Card.

bunglehaze

Re: Backups including sent items
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 03:57:45 am »
I used the Aqua mail backup and restore tool between devices thinking it would do such a task. Inbox was fine but sent items are just as important for me to transfer but were not there. I don't mind manually moving files but I am not sure where to take them from.