Author Topic: Only oldest 5000 mails synced, latest not visible  (Read 3071 times)

tw0ce

Only oldest 5000 mails synced, latest not visible
« on: December 21, 2019, 08:34:09 pm »
Hi there,

I switched to a new mail provider. Therefore, I moved all emails via a windows mail imap software from the old provider to the new provider. Then, I removed the old mail account from aqua mail and added the new one. Unfortunately now the oldest 5000 mails are synced, but the new ones not. The root cause might be, that the creation date on the mail server is now wrong, but the date in the mail header should be still correct. I didn't find an option to solve the problem. I can't increase the mail sync limit further, because 5000 is the maximum. A workaround would be to move all old mails to another folder, but I hope there is another solution. Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks and best regards

Nedialko Kondev, MobiSystems, AquaMail Support

• Administrator
Re: Only oldest 5000 mails synced, latest not visible
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 10:28:45 am »
Hi,

If the app is not downloading most recent messages from an IMAP account:

This can happen if you uploaded a lot of messages using a desktop mail app, maybe when migrating to a new mail provider, or moved a lot of messages to a new folder.

Can also be caused by a server bug, since IMAP guarantees ordering by date for incoming mail.

Version 1.4+ has a new per-account setting that lets you specify how many messages to sync by a date range, rather than by the number of messages. This works even in the above scenarios.

To use this setting: long press on the account -> options and folders -> account options, and change the “Messages to sync” setting (formerly called “Messages per page”) from a number based value (like “25” or “50”) to a date range based value (like “7 days” or “14 days”).

For migrated accounts, if you’ve uploaded your messages, some IMAP mail servers will then report the date/time when you did this as the date/time stamp for all messages.

If you’re seeing this, please delete the account in Aqua, add it back, and before it syncs any messages, open the account’s options and folders -> IMAP options, and change “which message date/time to download” to “Date/time sent (from message header)”.