Author Topic: Smart Folder Not Working Any More (Sometimes Does Not Show Messages)  (Read 2510 times)

harekrishna

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 45
(Samsung Galaxy 9 Note)

For some reason my smart folder stopped working reliably about 2 weeks ago. It used to collect all new messages from my 2 email accounts with no problem. Now it has stopped working consistently. About 25% of the time it will collect new messages. But the other 75% of the time it will show nothing (empty). Then when I back out and look at the in boxes for my 2 email accounts, low and behold there are plenty of messages there to be read! But they are not making it into the smart folder anymore. At least not all the time. What should I do? Thanks.

harekrishna

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 45
Re: Smart Folder Not Working Any More (Sometimes Does Not Show Messages)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 08:17:54 pm »
I posted this inquiry last week, I don't think I got any replies.   Does anybody know the solution?   Thanks again

harekrishna

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 45
SOLUTION UPDATE:

By clearing Aquamail CACHE I was able to get the smart folder working again.

(Phone = Android 9, Samsung galaxy 9 note)

I'll include 3 screen captures with instructions to help you see the STEPS:

harekrishna

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 45
Re: Smart Folder Not Working Any More (Sometimes Does Not Show Messages)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 09:29:52 am »
By the way, "Step 1" shows my desktop using "NOVA" desktop organizer app. If you don't have NOVA install, then you would not have that initial "Step 1" and will have to get to the Aquamail clear cache settings through your particular phone this android menus instead

Michael Maslarov, MobiSystems

  • Administrator
  • Newbie
  • *****
  • Posts: 45
Re: Smart Folder Not Working Any More (Sometimes Does Not Show Messages)
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 02:43:39 pm »
Thank you @harekrishna for resolving this issue and helping the Aqua Mail community!