Author Topic: Sometimes sent mails aren't received  (Read 2461 times)

cyclon

Sometimes sent mails aren't received
« on: October 30, 2019, 03:51:20 pm »
I’ve been using aqua mail pro for a couple of years now.  Great program, but since the beginning of october, I sometimes have a problem with mails that don’t get sent.  Maybe it has something to do with version 1.0.32, but I’m not sure.  The first time I realised there was a problem was oktober 2, and I see version 1.0.32 has date oktober 3.

The problem I have is the following : I send a mail, or reply to a mail.  Apparently everything seems ok, no errors, no warnings, and the mail arrives in my « sent » folder on all my devices.  But if I ask the recipient If my mail has been received, sometimes I get a negative answer.  But sometimes, there’s no problem.  Two weaks ago, when I knew there was a problem, I kept trying, while having contact with the recipient by Whatsapp.  So I knew at that time, he didn’t receive mails sent with aqua mail pro on my tablet, neither on my smartphone.  He did receive the mails that were sent with webmail or with the outlook program on my laptop.  The day after that, there was no more problem, but I hadn’t changed anything in the settings.  Today I’ve had the same problem again.  And I had the same problem earlier this week.  I can’t know, everything seems fine, I only know it if I don’t get a reply.

Do you have any idea where I can find an answer to this problem?  I think there must be a problem with the outgoing mail server settings.  I added a screenshot.  Below are the settings I have to use , as provided by my internet provider.

AUTHENTICATED SMTP
SERVERNAME   : smtp.telenet.be
PORT :   587
SECURITY TYPE :    TLS
Use complete Telenet Mail adres and password

IMAP SETTINGS
SERVERNAME :   imap.telenet.be
PORT:   993
SECURITY TYPE :   SSL
Use complete Telenet Mail adres and password

I should use TLS as security, but in aquamail I can only choose STARTTLS (strict or accept all).  I have tried sending with setting “strict”, and with setting “accept all”, but it doesn’t make a difference.  The recipient didn’t receive anything.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?  I asked my provider, but they tell me, since webmail works, and it works with outlook, the problem isn’t on their side.

I checked my outlook settings for the outgoing mail, it also says “starttls”, 587, smtp.telenet.be

Can anybody help me?

Greetings,

Cyclon