Author Topic: Spam spam spam  (Read 8348 times)

phred

Spam spam spam
« on: September 28, 2019, 03:15:47 pm »
So in addition to Mobi sitting back and (at least not publicly) doing anything to improve AM, and having a much reduced presence here on the forum, I have noticed an increase of spam. Four "posts" this morning from the same user. And at least one or two a day. I'm not saying that it didn't happen under Kostya's watch, but he probably was more vigilant than Mobi and took care to delete them before most users saw them. Since Mobi people don't appear on the forum with any frequency, the spam piles up.

HEY MOBI! You need someone to moderate the forum if for no other reason than to delete the spam that's showing with more frequency than you.

hpg38

Re: Spam spam spam
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 03:24:11 pm »
That is true ! I saw those earlier and I postpone spam every day.

phred

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 03:47:05 pm »
I used to open them and click on 'report to moderator' but I don't even want to look at them any longer. So I rely on someone else to report them. Or simply mark them as read and more on. But they are indeed showing up more frequently of late.

Catman51

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 07:24:31 pm »
Pretty disgusting, apparently there's no moderation along with no updates. Who's minding the store?

mikeone

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 10:40:05 am »
So in addition to Mobi sitting back and (at least not publicly) doing anything to improve AM, and having a much reduced presence here on the forum, I have noticed an increase of spam. Four "posts" this morning from the same user. And at least one or two a day. I'm not saying that it didn't happen under Kostya's watch, but he probably was more vigilant than Mobi and took care to delete them before most users saw them. Since Mobi people don't appear on the forum with any frequency, the spam piles up.

HEY MOBI! You need someone to moderate the forum if for no other reason than to delete the spam that's showing with more frequency than you.
+1
That's true!

Michael Maslarov, Aqua Mail

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 11:24:27 pm »
Hi all,

I personally remove every reported spam almost immediately. Honestly, I rely on your help for keeping the forum clean and I thank you for the reports. One person will see slowlier the spam than everybody how is here and reads and reports. Please keep on sending reports for spam topics and I will remove them asap.

mikeone

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 10:07:18 am »
Hi all,

I personally remove every reported spam almost immediately. Honestly, I rely on your help for keeping the forum clean and I thank you for the reports. One person will see slowlier the spam than everybody how is here and reads and reports. Please keep on sending reports for spam topics and I will remove them asap.
Good to know :)

phred

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 01:59:07 pm »
Thanks Michael. It's helpful to know that someone is keeping an eye out for spam. And I apologize if I was a little harsh in the first post. It's because the first thing I saw that day were four spam posts from the same person. I know you can't be on 24/7, so I will re-start using the 'report to moderator' button.

Philip

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 03:11:53 pm »
I've reported a number of spam messages in the General Discussion area over the last 2 or 3 days - they are all still there.

phred

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 04:48:48 pm »
I've reported a number of spam messages in the General Discussion area over the last 2 or 3 days - they are all still there.
I've given up on reporting the spam posts. It appears that the Mobi moderator(s) only visit the forum every few days. If these people are paid Mobi employees, I can see why they don't respond on weekends, as even a full-time employee doesn't work 24/7. What I do now when I log on and check unread posts, is to read the -true- AM related posts first, and then mark everything else as 'read.' That way I don't have to see them any longer and don't really care if they get removed or not.

That being said, I'm a 'volunteer' moderator on another forum. There are two of us and our primary responsibility is to remove spam. When a user reports spam, if either of us is near a PC, we log in and remove it. And ban the OP. I'm not at my PC 24/7 nor is the other mod, but we've gotten complements about how little spam appears on our forum. What most users don't realize is that a lot of spam hits our forum, but we usually remove it so fast that most users don't ever see it. Typically spam is removed in less than six hours.

Perhaps the powers that be at Mobi could ask for a volunteer or two to become spam police.

Philip

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2020, 03:33:08 pm »
Yet more spam posted yesterday and today. Reporting it does absolutely nothing.

If Mobi are not reading the spam reports sent to the moderators, and are also not seeing the spam messages, then you have to assume that they are also neither reading nor responding to any support issues being raised on the forum by paid users of AquaMail. :-(

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 06:29:56 pm »
Sorry guys for the delay. All spam is removed.

Philip

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 03:02:26 pm »
We seem to have a fresh influx of spam.

I've tried reporting it, but no action seems to be being taken  :-(

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 06:55:18 pm »
Hi everyone,

I've been monitoring the forum every other day and removing the annoying spam. Unfortunately the forum doesn't have a feature where we can add captcha or other filter so that we can prevent these kind of spam users and messages to register. Thanks for the reports, be sure that I receive and almost immediately delete not only the reported topics but also any others that are spam too.

Philip

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2023, 10:55:56 pm »
There have been at least a further 10 spam messages posted over the last 6 days...