Author Topic: Viewing images inline?  (Read 1651 times)

linguinee

Viewing images inline?
« on: September 18, 2019, 03:35:04 am »
I can't seem to view *attached* inline images (as they're formatted within the message). If the images are linked html files then there's no problem; that is, newsletters and emails are formatted correctly but if an *graphic is explicitly attached* it doesn't seem to make it through the rendering process. Please see the attached screenshot: there's an empty place holder for the graphic and the image must be accessed via a separate viewer.

The account is Gmail and the the parameters are configured to allow image preloading across WiFi and Mobile data networks. I've toggled 'show images from trusted contacts options' -- no success. The emails concerned render correctly in other apps. Any insights?

Phone: Galaxy A20 running Android Version 9.0; AquaMail Version 1.20.9-1469

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 03:36:49 am by linguinee »

linguinee

Re: Viewing images inline?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 06:08:43 pm »
Self follow up.

It looks as if the image display anomalies are restricted to the default 'Mail' client of Windows 10. When I send similar emails (with attached images) from Mac OS's default email client or Thunderbird (email client) in Linux they display correctly in AquaMail.  Android's 'GMail' displays the Windows 10 emails correctly.

I wonder if there's a setting in AquaMail specific to Windows Mail emails I've overlooked.