Author Topic: Strange "read" email behavior on new install  (Read 2033 times)

ralpheburns

Strange "read" email behavior on new install
« on: September 13, 2019, 03:53:28 pm »
Hello -

I am not new to AquaMail but am upgrading phones from Pixel2 to Pixel3.  I have AquaMail Pro loaded to the Pixel3 (I think I'm only allowed one install, so uninstalled Pro from the Pixel2, but can re-install the free version for debugging purposes).

The behavior is that between Outlook2010 on a PC and the AquaMail on the Pixel3, new emails are only downloaded on whichever device checks first for new email (both were to check every five minutes).  If I look at webmail to see what is on the server (using gmail for a host), then none of the emails are shown read there (all still in bold to mean unread).  I am accustomed that when I install a new copy of AquaMail that all the old emails on the server get downloaded to the phone.

The behavior I want is that the PC is master of all emails, so not a "synced" behavior.  Reading on the phone is only for convenience.  What that means is I don't want the phone to control if the email is deleted from server, or marked read (on server or PC).  As such, I choose POP3 service.

I don't believe that I made any changes to Outlook on the PC.  I have it set to leave messages on the server for 100 days, and do not delete from server when deleting from "Deleted Items" on Outlook.  I'd like to also have 100 days of emails on the phone, so I can go back in time as needed when mobile.  Perhaps as a side note, there's actually six months and 3,300 emails on the server.    On Aquamail, I have set "messages to sync" and "messages fo cache" to both 5000 messages.  And one other note; on the Pixel2 (and now Pixel3), I have AquaMail's email address set to "recent:myemail@mydomain.com".  I kinda forget why, but I think that was to solve that new emails only got downloaded to PC (that was a little PIA because all emails sent from PC also showed up on the AquaMail inbox, so had lots of stuff to delete from AquaMail inbox).

It worked fine on the old phone!  What to try?

ralpheburns

Re: Strange "read" email behavior on new install
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 01:38:45 am »
I'd like to thank AquaMail for all their support!   :P

Took the nuclear option, tossed it down the toilet and enjoying the simplicity!   ;D

Did go nuke with a full factory reset and upon re-install AquaMail worked as expected.  Will never know what went wrong!   ???

phred

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 04:29:13 am »
I'd like to thank AquaMail for all their support!
In case you're not aware, this is a -user- forum. This is not AM's support forum, although a visit by an AM person happens every now and then.

If you want/need support, you should email them at support @ aqua-mail . com

ralpheburns

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 06:09:24 am »
Thanks for the email.
Perhaps you missed the therapeutic element in the reply, or perhaps you got it.