Author Topic: IMAP push stops working when app is closed  (Read 1695 times)

lala

IMAP push stops working when app is closed
« on: September 15, 2019, 08:55:29 pm »
Hi,

I'm currently testing AquaMail and love it so far. However, if I close AquaMail and swipe it away from the recent apps, IMAP push isn't working any longer. It works fine though while the app is opened or at least listed within my recent apps.

Did I miss any configuration? Because others reported it'll be working just fine on their device. I'm using an LG G7 Thinq with Android 9.

Cheers,
Lala

Nadejda Fudulska, MobiSystems, AquaMail support

• Administrator
    • MobiSystems
Re: IMAP push stops working when app is closed
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 10:51:24 am »
Hi,

In general, if the app is not checking mail (the default is once every 15 minutes), then the most common culprits are: – For Android 6.0 and newer, its so called Doze mode – Memory optimizer apps and battery optimizer apps (e.g. Clean Master) – Sometimes those are third party apps, sometimes built into the phone’s system software (Xiaomi, Huawei, possibly others) — Android 6 and newer and its “Doze Mode” Doze Mode is where Android will not let apps run in the background as often as they need to while the phone is stationary.
This kicks in after a few hours on Android 6 and sooner on Android 7.
The app will prompt you to “whitelist” (exclude) it from this “Doze Mode” within a day after installing if it detects Android 6 or newer.
To check, please bring up AquaMail settings -> mail, receiving.
If the app is not already whitelisted, there will be a green panel / button / message / prompt asking you to do this.

If you still have problems, please email us at support @ aqua-mail . com.

Thank you,

Nadia