Author Topic: Rate dialog  (Read 11325 times)

nadir husain

Re: Rate dialog
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 11:59:01 am »
@michael it is very surprising that no one is complaining about the ads in the free version, something that everyone was screaming about till you started this * rate dialog* exercise.

@parisgeek ;) very well put

Michael Maslarov, Aqua Mail

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 12:11:56 pm »
The users that give reviews are primarily Pro users, so that's maybe why not so many ad complaints appear.

Why aren't you happy for this success I honestly don't understand why you are so sceptical- these are good news.

nadir husain

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 12:35:16 pm »
I am skeptical because you have tried to do some * funny* things with the app since Kostya left.
I am skeptical because there has not been one new feature added since Kostya left.
I am skeptical because technically I think you are not equipped to further develop this app so you are resorting to marketing gimmicks to get sales
etc etc

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 12:43:14 pm »
You can be sceptical because of the things you mentioned but always supporting negative comments regarding Aqua mail and never supporting positive comments it's a bit too much.

For the analytics/marketing gimmicks part that you also mentioned- well it's needed and we also learn in the process how to keep the balance. You can be sceptical if we just shut down this forum and never listen to anybody, right? :)

Anyways, disrespecting a valid testimony for the good work on the app is also disrespecting Kostrya's work, maybe you didn't think about that, did you?

nadir husain

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 12:47:17 pm »
I have repeatedly said this was the best email app on Android till Kostya was around. Go back in time and you will find that. Kostya is a genius and it broke my heart that he left. Your handling or mishandling of this app since his departure justifies my negative criticism and skepticism. I will stop here!!

You can be sceptical because of the things you mentioned but always supporting negative comments regarding Aqua mail and never supporting positive comments it's a bit too much.

For the analytics/marketing gimmicks part that you also mentioned- well it's needed and we also learn in the process how to keep the balance. You can be sceptical if we just shut down this forum and never listen to anybody, right? :)

Anyways, disrespecting a valid testimony for the good work on the app is also disrespecting Kostrya's work, maybe you didn't think about that, did you?
[/quote]

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2019, 12:56:02 pm »
Ok, so the rating being record high is good news and we are on the same page, thanks!

nadir husain

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2019, 12:58:19 pm »
Haha no!! Not at all!! This is a great app but you get ZERO credit for it. Wake up @Michael!! Do some good development work, then take credit. I will be the first one to applaud you.

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2019, 01:19:40 pm »
ok, remember what you said. So what's a 5 start achievement that you would applause

nadir husain

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2019, 01:22:51 pm »
Three features:
1. Ability to snooze. Don't tell me it can't be done on non cloud based apps because it can.
2. The ability to block tracking pixels.
3. The ability to move an email from one account to another.
Get these done and I will give you 20 stars.

mikeone

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 12:53:19 am »
Three features:
1. Ability to snooze. Don't tell me it can't be done on non cloud based apps because it can.
2. The ability to block tracking pixels.
3. The ability to move an email from one account to another.
Get these done and I will give you 20 stars.

Hi Michael,.

Any advances in development that can be expected for the above mentioned features?

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2020, 02:04:39 pm »
We are working on point 1 and some other features. For point 2 even now when you uncheck the option for sending statistics should stop tracking any analytics, or you have something else in mind for that?

mikeone

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 04:56:43 pm »
Regarding point 2:

This was a discussion a long time ago about a so-called "Tracking pixel" within an image. Details you will find in this thread:

https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=5743.msg34948#msg34948