Author Topic: How to transfer new created folders to e.g. Thunderbird or Outlook  (Read 2743 times)

Wiebke

Hello!
I created some more folders in the AquaMail app on my smartphone to get my mails organised.
Now I want to use the same folder structure in the Thunderbird and Outlook "App" on my desktop computer.
How does that work? what you have to do?
It doesn't synchronize on its own.
Thanks for your help,
Wiebke

phred

If I understand correctly what you're trying to do and if Thunderbird and the Outlook app are connecting to the same server, you need to log in to that server and create the folder structure there.

this_is_nascar

What you're asking to do is not a function of AM.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Nigelmay

You can't create folders on your mail server from AM, you can only create local ones. You need to create them in either your PC mail client or in webmail and then sync the ones you want in AM.

Wiebke

Thanks for you answers!!

But when I now login on Outlook or Thunderbird, only the mails in my inbox are shown to me. The mail's I put in AM-sub folders are shown nowhere as I can't see my AM folders there.

I thought that would be a sign for that the folder structure is not only local?

How can I reach those mail's in those AM folders via Outlook or Thunderbird?

phred

As everyone who responded to you has stated: you must create the folder structure on the server side. You need to log in to the server via an email client or the provider's webmail and create the folders there.

ribogushter

In TB, you might also want to hit the subscribe button to make sure you're subscribed to all the folders you need.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk