Author Topic: How do I sort by date and time in messages, reverse order?  (Read 2370 times)

telrod11

How do I sort by date and time in the messages list, reverse order, then have the app open to the *oldest*, which would mean top of the message list, not the bottom (newest).

I read my email oldest to newest, that's just the way I prefer it.

I can't get aquamail to open a folder with 100 emails in it and focus on the oldest.  It always goes to the newest message, then I have to scroll to the top to start reading them.  (yes, modern problems, poor baby). 😊

I *believe* I could do this in previous versions.

Anyway, is there not a way to get aquamail to do this?

Thanks

mikeone

Re: How do I sort by date and time in messages, reverse order?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 05:29:45 pm »
This option you will find in a specific message list > menu > Sort > By date/time (reverse)

There is also a general option in the app's settings > Message list > scroll down to the item "Default sort order" tap on it and choose "By date/time (reverse)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:44:18 pm by mikeone »

telrod11

Re: How do I sort by date and time in messages, reverse order?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 02:24:55 pm »
This option you will find in a specific message list > menu > Sort > By date/time (reverse)

There is also a general option in the app's settings > Message list > scroll down to the item "Default sort order" tap on it and choose "By date/time (reverse)

This does indeed sort the messages from oldest to newest, but it still does not open the message list *to* the oldest message.

e.g.
If there are 100 messages in my inbox, and I have ticked" date time reverse", the inbox will open to this minutes email, not the ones from yesterday, that I really want to see first. 

I realize this is a huge problem to have to scroll up to the oldest, instead of having it presented first on the screen, but that is the way, I'd like my inbox to appear.  Being sarcastic here, but in all seriousness, we should be able to do this.