Author Topic: Chromebook - how to save and find an attachment  (Read 2175 times)

moonrakre

Chromebook - how to save and find an attachment
« on: June 09, 2019, 05:10:50 pm »
I can't find a way to save an attachment on my chromebook. The save dialog gives reference to a folder but it always says that I can't save anything to that folder.

For example, if I click the "Download All" link it appears to save it, but it is nowhere to be found in the files app.  Below that is a "Save All" section with a location of /data/local/tmp and it looks as though that should work, but I can't find a location like that to see the attachment.

If I click the 3 dots and choose View I get an "Error fetching message contents " message, and the same if I click Save and View, Share or Just Save.

So, please, how do I get to see attachments on my ChromeBook?

Best wishes

Adrian

mikeone

Re: Chromebook - how to save and find an attachment
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 11:54:17 pm »
You could try to define a specific folder, where you want to save any attachment.

Settings > Data storage > Folder for saving attachments >...

moonrakre

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 04:51:31 pm »
Thank you for this, unfortunately I can't find any option settings>Data storage in either Aquamail or Chromebook.

I am on Aquamail v1.6.2.7 which I understand is the latest version for Chromebook.

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 11:37:16 pm »
Thank you for this, unfortunately I can't find any option settings>Data storage in either Aquamail or Chromebook.

I am on Aquamail v1.6.2.7 which I understand is the latest version for Chromebook.
I'm not sure if you could use a search 🔍 within the settings in this build!?

moonrakre

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 11:48:47 am »
Unfortunately I think the answer is that Aquamail will not work properly on Chromebook until the ChromeOS accepts Android apps.  So I am giving up and have created a second Gmail account to consolidate the accounts that I was using Aquamail for.  I don't like Google having all my emails but until they fix Android apps on ChromeOS that is the only solution that I can see.