Author Topic: Aquamail no longer authorized  (Read 2310 times)

beaven

Aquamail no longer authorized
« on: June 02, 2019, 06:59:23 am »
My work's IT department has been pushing Outlook and recently made a setting that email login can only be accessed if a phone has a lock screen password. As a result, the've turned off access to email on all apps but Outlook. That said, email can still be accessed via the web on a laptop or smart phone via https:// outlook. office365. com. It would be super helpful if Aquamail was able to piggyback on Outlook web. The app could essentially work through the Outlook web access. Is this something that could be implemented in a future version? I love Aquamail and would hate to give up on the program after all these years! I think more and more companies are going to be using these security features in the future and it'll really cut into the Aquamail user base if we don't adjust and update. Thank you!

ksuuk

Re: Aquamail no longer authorized
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:29:23 pm »
It would be super helpful if Aquamail was able to piggyback on Outlook web. The app could essentially work through the Outlook web access.

But it (at least pro version) does it and works well with OWA, just set it up to use OWA and that's it.

juwin_pt

Re: Aquamail no longer authorized
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 06:43:04 am »
It would be super helpful if Aquamail was able to piggyback on Outlook web. The app could essentially work through the Outlook web access.

But it (at least pro version) does it and works well with OWA, just set it up to use OWA and that's it.

My client uses Office365, but with their own Login webpage. In such situations, OWA doesn't work - I get a 503 message back. Is there any workaround available for such situations?