Author Topic: Privacy concerns  (Read 3915 times)

Aquaprivacy

Privacy concerns
« on: June 01, 2019, 02:05:28 am »
Hello guys,

I have installed two applications to block advertisements, from what I have seen of all the applications I have on my phone, AquaMail is the only one that has been classified as adware, even having the pro version. Considering how important the information we handle in our email, what opinion do you have of the privacy of this application, is it worthwhile to continue using it or is it better to look for alternatives? what information collects exactly, can you read understand the privacy policy without need to be lawer?

In the attachments I let the screenshots

this_is_nascar

Re: Privacy concerns
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 02:05:26 pm »
Interesting....

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Michael Maslarov, Aqua Mail

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 09:07:48 pm »
This is interesting as we are using these ad networks: Admob, Facebook, Inmobi and Mopub, soon Vungle will be removed. These ad networks are industry leaders and I am puzzled why the app would be listed as adware. Can you please share with me which scanner do you use? Sometimes some scanners indicate as adware or even as a virus any app that serves ads. This can be misleading as many apps serve ads and they aren't adware.

I can assure you that Aqua Mail is not an adware app. We take privacy very seriously and will never compromise it.

Aquaprivacy

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 01:54:51 am »
Screenshots: AdWay (red one) and MinMinGuard (white one). But the most interesting thing here is a bought the pro version, who shouldn't have ads. Another interesting this is I have around 100 apps installed in my phone, half of them pro keys that guarantee no ads, and the only one with pro key that classify like ads app is aquamail

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 01:49:52 pm »
There are no ads in Pro version, but the code is still in the app. This is what these scanners detect. However, ads are disabled and do not show at any circumstance in Pro our version. Btw, are the other pro apps that you have, have a free version with ads?

this_is_nascar

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 01:35:03 pm »
There are no ads in Pro version, but the code is still in the app. This is what these scanners detect. However, ads are disabled and do not show at any circumstance in Pro our version. Btw, are the other pro apps that you have, have a free version with ads?
No ads in the Pro version?  This looks like an ad.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 04:09:19 pm »
Thank you for the screenshot but this is not within the Aqua Mail app. Most probably, you have opened another app after leaving(opening a link) Aqua Mail. Also the ad you see is not the same format as an Aqua Mail format would appear, although it looks very similar.

heisert

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 04:18:12 pm »
Looks like Tapatalk

Gesendet von meinem Moto Z3 Play mit Tapatalk

Justin

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 08:29:45 pm »
The screenshot is taken from Tapatalk app definetely.

this_is_nascar

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 01:24:22 pm »
Yep, my bad.  Sorry about that.