Author Topic: full size ads with audio?  (Read 3891 times)

webaschtl

full size ads with audio?
« on: May 17, 2019, 11:55:00 am »
Hey,

is this a new "feature", displaying full size ads with audio and not the possibility to disable at least audio or to close them immediately?

Thanks for a response! :)

webaschtl

drjat

Re: full size ads with audio?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:18:14 pm »
I assume that this is happening in free version - and we should not complain if this is the case.

webaschtl

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 01:36:37 pm »
Yes, still using the free version – for paying it there a two important features missing, at least for me (but wrong thread).

But these ads are new, aren't they? Which was the first version of AquaMail with these full screen ads and "playing noise"?
First I thought another app (but I have only few) running in the background would create such annoying ads. But it seems to be a new "feature" of AM :-(

Michael Maslarov, Aqua Mail

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 01:42:30 pm »
About these ads, these are some new formats being streamed form Google or Facebook. I personally have seen a few and have blocked them from further being delivered to users. All full-screen ads are presumably muted by Aqua Mail or we haven't granted any permission for serving ads with sounds turned on by default. However, the ad providers have found a way to serve them with sound anyways. For this reason, I'll appreciate it if you can send screenshots here so that we can block these advertisers. A few of these advertisers have already been blocked. Also if you can see from the info of the ads from which network is being served it will help a lot to pinpoint the problem.

Reminder-ads are served only in the free version but serving sound enabled ads is truly a no good UX.

webaschtl

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 01:44:29 pm »
... from today:

mikeone

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 01:57:12 pm »
About these ads, these are some new formats being streamed form Google or Facebook. I personally have seen a few and have blocked them from further being delivered to users. All full-screen ads are presumably muted by Aqua Mail or we haven't granted any permission for serving ads with sounds turned on by default. However, the ad providers have found a way to serve them with sound anyways. For this reason, I'll appreciate it if you can send screenshots here so that we can block these advertisers. A few of these advertisers have already been blocked. Also if you can see from the info of the ads from which network is being served it will help a lot to pinpoint the problem.

Reminder-ads are served only in the free version but serving sound enabled ads is truly a no good UX.
@Michael
Thanks for explaining the background of such annoying ads and, above all, for trying to NOT put these formats through in Aqua Mail's free version. 👍🏼

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 06:47:19 pm »
I hope that we'll see less and less of the annoying sound ads as we did some further adjustments.

Let me know if you still see any of them and please if possible send screenshots either here or in private message.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 03:32:02 pm »
Do you guys still see the annoying sound ads or they have disappeared?

webaschtl

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 05:49:15 pm »
can't say it at the moment. I have to spend more time with the app instead of working & writing at a desktop PC ;)