Author Topic: Sync issues  (Read 1546 times)

dchabbra

Sync issues
« on: May 15, 2019, 07:00:04 am »
Hi,
I have been using the Pro version for over a year and very happy with the product.  I have recently changed handsets from Samsung A7 (Android 4.4.4 Kitkat) to an Oppo R17 Pro (Android 8.1.0) and finding that the auto sync every 15 minutes is not working.

I have tried all sorts of settings including recommendations on this forum but the last sync time simply does not refresh until done manually.

Can you please help.

Thanks
Daman

Nadejda Fudulska, MobiSystems, AquaMail support

• Administrator
    • MobiSystems
Re: Sync issues
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 01:29:08 pm »
Hi,

1 - Please check app settings -> Mail, receiving.

Some phones (my Huawei Honor) may "remove" the app from "Doze Mode exception" after a few days.

If the app needs to be excluded again, there will be a green panel / prompt on that screen.

In addition, "scheduled mail checks" should be enabled.

2 - There are phone manufacturers that pre-install their own "battery optimizer" on their devices.

Some examples: Xiaomi, Huawei, ASUS.

Perhaps your phone has one of those "battery optimizers" built in too, and if it does (best check with the manufacturer's support), please white-list the app there too.

3 - Swiping the app away from "recents" ("running") apps can, on some phones, also prevent scheduled mail checks.

4 - Your phone's "background data" should be enabled (if not, the app won't be able to access the network, which it needs to check mail).

5 - A "third party" battery optimizer app such as Clean Master also can prevent Aqua Mail from checking mail (making it impossible for the app to work in the background).

If you still have problems, please email us at support @ aqua-mail . com to have your issue resolved.

Thank you,

Nadia