Author Topic: Tech support has vanished!  (Read 13198 times)

nadir husain

Re: Tech support has vanished!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 09:28:27 pm »
@phred :)

Justin

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 11:09:26 pm »
(..) so that we can keep Aqua Mail a top app.

At least the price for the AquaMail Pro key is top now: 20,99 €

You have beaten Nine Email this way :)

On the other side people don't buy as a result. Since the free version involves too much advertising, they now use other apps.

This can be observed in other forums and also in reddit

Philip

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 09:23:54 am »
It always amuses me how many people will pay up to 1000 pounds/euros/dollars for a phone, but complain that 20 is too much for an app which they will use several times a day!

Justin

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 04:40:33 pm »
Most people read postings of did not complain. They just restrain from purchasing. Too much trouble, if the app is bad. They want the best app for themselves.

And if they know the free version with many ads, it's another reason to switch to another app.

phred

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 08:51:53 pm »
I'm noticing that on French Play Store the app is now priced 1.33 euros per month.
That's 18 dollars per year.
Do you see in the same in your countries?
Here in the US it's the same price today as it was yesterday 19.99USD.

Interesting (or not) that there's been no notice on the forum by Mobi that they're switching to a monthly/annual subscription. That's sure to kill off a lot of sales. I know if I was looking for a mail client (which for the time being I'm not) I wouldn't sign up.

phred

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2019, 09:04:10 pm »
I sure hope that we who have paid the 'one time' charge for the unlocker will be grandfathered in. But somehow I doubt that will happen since Mobi doesn't appear to be that upfront about most things.

nadir husain

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 09:12:41 pm »
This is exactly what bothers me the most about Mobisystems- how they do things- surreptitiously,  in the dark, through the back door. If they want to charge more it is their right, heck its their app. They never announce, come out front with their strategy  , take their customers into confidence. They certainly do not build confidence. Everything is done in a slide, slimy way. Really sad!

nadir husain

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 09:25:52 pm »
@Phred I think the next time we (those who have paid the one time charge) reinstall the app( either on a new phone or even reinstalling on the same phone) we will be switched to the subscription  model.  Maybe they will even have a special app update which will force us to pay . Who knows!

Catman51

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2019, 01:09:56 am »
I won't pay a yearly charge ever.

Catman51

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2019, 01:14:44 am »
Looking at Nine at the moment.

drjat

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2019, 09:36:34 am »
Yes, good idea. Consider also Spark. I have tested both.
Why not Gmail?

Finferlo

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2019, 10:00:27 am »

Spark is cloud based or not?

Finferlo

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2019, 11:10:39 am »

Spark is cloud based or not?

Yes, cloud based. I'm finding many good features within Spark (among others: very powerful server search, snooze messages, smart inbox, unified trash).
Among those email apps I have used recently, only k-9, Nine and Aquamail are not cloud based.

Sure, that's why I'm using Nine, since AM decided not to implement Activesync.

nadir husain

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2019, 02:02:59 pm »
"Good question. Short answer: use Gmail."
@parisgeek great analysis by you. For me I have following issues on Gmail
1. Gmail only provides push notifications for Gmail accounts. Others are periodic sync. I need push for imap account.
2. Even push notifications for Gmail accounts are often delayed because of doze mode on Samsung phones with Android  8 and 9. This is very commonly expressed on various forums including reddit . I am experiencing same issue.

I have tried Spark but it is still very new on Android and lacks a lot of features compared to its iOS  counterpart. Among free cloud based emails I prefer Edison. But that is a personal choice.

Best wishes

Michael Maslarov, Aqua Mail

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2019, 12:16:35 pm »
Guys, calm down a bit and easy on the accusations. First, let me remind you all of these claims that we have to inform you before we do anything is not possible. What we can do is discuss afterward some topics that are of interest but we cannot post everything so that all of our competitors should know what we are doing. And believe me, they are looking.

I appreciate that all of you are interested in how Aqua Mail will be developed and you are excited about the app. This makes me and our team very happy but we can find a better way of asking and giving information.

Regarding subscriptions. Some of you even suggested that we should have an annual fee in order to keep developing our product and being profitable. Being profitable guarantees that we will remain independent from big corporations.

We kept the one time Pro key, but because it's one time and not subscription it's on a higher price which is very logical.

If you already have paid one time and have a working license you'll keep having it forever, regardless that we will have to pay wages to developers to keep delivering updates to you. So for the price of only 1-2 coffees, some of you have it for even less you will have a working product till the end of the eternity of time. Try going to your local coffee shop and claim that you'll pay $5 and you'll be there every day to get your coffee for free for as long as you decide. I guess this is a great deal, isn't it? Let's drop this topic once and for all because it's getting old explaining the same thing over and over again.

Stop speculating that we will lie and squeeze out anybody's money in a "sneaky" way as some of you implied. This is fake news and speculations.

My opinion about Spark- yes they can be popular in iOS but for Android, they have a long way to go and look at their price and then start accusing MobiSystems of being here only for the money. They charge $75 per user per year, so at least be honest of your comparisons before you claim any speculations or how Aqua Mail is too expensive and everyone else is "for free". Rember the old saying "There's no free lunch", right?

Again thank you @parisgeek for the elaborate analysis, much appreciated.