Author Topic: Tech support has vanished!  (Read 13199 times)

tsoilihoi

Tech support has vanished!
« on: May 08, 2019, 06:39:43 pm »
I do believe that tech support is an important part of app development and continuity.  And particularly for those who have paid for the premium product.  Support is something that Kostya did so very well and its a model that Mobisystems should take seriously.  I've made many attempts to contact and received only one reply to an email early on.  The reply was off topic.  Those concerns are documented on this forum.  I believe that direct support in a knowledgable and timely manner is very important, and by persons who have a technical understanding of the program.  I am hoping that Aquamail maintains its high rating.  Much of it, I suspect is due in great part to Kostya's work and diligence.  I'd like to resolve issues and move forward, rather than move on.

PB

phred

Re: Tech support has vanished!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 09:00:30 pm »
Well said. I do think we all got a little spoiled by Kostya's 'always here' presence. I believe Michael(?) the 'new' product manager(?) dropped in here twice in an attempt to calm us down, but he is not a regular presence. Nor is Nadia, who was here quite a bit when Kostya was, but now is rarely here.

So much for support folks. Like the OP, I'd like to move forward rather than moving on. But I'm ready to grab a life vest on the way out if necessary.

tsoilihoi

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 12:32:21 am »
So, I would ask... why did Mobisystems buy Aquamail?  Kostya, re-directed me to them.  So for whatever reason, he is out of it.
The next step will probably be a subscription rate.  At anyrate, I noticed that certain forwarded email attachments and texts from
Outlook are not hanging in with the item.  (Outlook is set for html)  Every other client I've switched on does fine. 
In addition, I've always wondered why permanently deleted emails show up like my sent emails with their labels stripped off.
(all mail, searching for has:nouserlabels) My sent Items are reveal as "me."  The permanently deleted item reveal as their original name
but there is no label.  Deleting from any of my win 10 clients, seems to handle a permanent delete differently.

Its a tech support issue that I would hope that they are willing to review.

nadir husain

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 12:50:35 am »
@ParisGeek there is also Newton. It is a high quality cloud based app that charges $50 per year. They too had to shut down because even at those subscription rates and 40000 paying customers  their financial model was not viable with server costs, development costs, human resource costs etc. They were bought over by @essential the company owned by Andy Rubin the founder of Android and have relaunched.  Let's hope they do better this time around.

tsoilihoi

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 02:09:42 am »
Doesn't make sense to buy something that is unprofitable. Has to be a motive.  Maybe Google is behind this... Buying a rival out! Lol

nadir husain

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 02:16:18 am »
Mobisystems needs to quickly decide what it wants to do with AquaMail. By doing nothing it is almost ensuring a slow lingering death- would be really sad.  They do not have recurring  server costs so a nominal annual fee in return for a well maintained,  privacy oriented, cutting edge app would perhaps be an option .

tsoilihoi

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 04:50:03 pm »
It is nice to speculate.  However, it is wrong for a company to offer support and not follow through.  Even more so is a careless response where it is obvious that the person responding did not
read the email or has no idea how to answer.  Also, its nice to discuss company politics and business models, but in the end I am writing this because the questions that I emailed them about... the same questions that I posted, remain unanswered.  Most important to me is why some attachments forwarded from Outlook are not showing... when other common email clients are having no trouble with the  documents.  This is a matter of technicality and answered by experience, an understanding of the program and past history.

Michael Maslarov, Aqua Mail

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 04:52:06 pm »
Hi all,

Support, I can say it's far from vanished. Please make sure you write to the support email as priority is given to requests sent there.

The forum is more directed to users sharing experience between them and not least there is a vast database of issues and solutions that have been accumulated during the years which is very useful for everybody.

Before Kostya joined MobiSystems this forum has been the main channel for support and he has done a great job developing and giving a lot of attention to users here.

After the merger, the main support channel has been transferred to the support email where there are hundreds of queries per day which are being handled.

In case anyone's wondering I'm not from the product team, rather I'm from the Business Development Team and I'm responsible for the strategic development of Aqua Mail. By saying that I am interested to know what's your opinion and I appreciate your help and concerns so that we can keep Aqua Mail a top app.

The end goal is to keep our current users as well as making more features and functionality in Aqua Mail and being transparent as much as possible. For that, it is important that you share your opinion and proposals of your experience with Aqua Mail. This has helped Kostya to build a great app. I and the management team in MobiSystems have no intentions to stop this tradition. Some of you have been around for quite some time which is very valuable and I thank you for that.

I am trying to keep up with the threads in the forum and please feel free to message me in private. My sincere intention is to work together and I am far from the thought of building walls. 

nadir husain- you are absolutely right. That being said, we are doing quite a lot in Aqua Mail but please do let me know what else do you want to see in the app. What do you think is missing? There will always be bugs to fix but many times it's also not Aqua Mail but the email service provider or some 3rd party service like Chrome that breaks. But I guess you are already aware of that.

tsoilihoi- your issue is already being reviewed but give some time for a reply. It might not be that simple to answer.

phred- I really want to move forward with you and all the others here. I know Kostya very well and I appreciate his effort for dedicating quite a lot of time to create this community and I think it's good to foster it and grow it.

Paris Geek- you are right too, that we try to find the best monetization model which is upgrades and serving ads only. It's a very tricky balance between revenue generation and user happiness. Money is important but they come together with building a good product. Also what, in your opinion,  we need to do in Aqua Mail to become part of your winning list.

drjat

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 05:10:25 pm »
Please consider adding ActiveSync in addition to or in stead of EWS - This should surely offer a surge in user base (profits). I miss AquaMail and having to use Gmail because of ActiveSync only

nadir husain

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 05:17:05 pm »
@Michael  there should be a lot more presence from the support team on this forum simply because experiences and issues and their solutions are shared rather than a one on one response on email where the benefits and ideas are restricted to one person and not shared with a community.
Also since last few months there have been no major updates ie since Kostya took a back seat nothing significant has happened. Can you tell us when we can expect a major update? Also do you really have the technical  expertise  to take this app forward? As I said before honesty will help you a lot. Thanks

Michael Maslarov, Aqua Mail

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 05:59:32 pm »
djart- I agree about ActiveSync but that will definitely increase the upgrade price.

nadir husain- I agree there hasn't been a major update but we are in a process of unpredicted restructuring. We are building a new plan and there will be new things and major updates but I cannot set a term on this at this point. We have the capacity to further developing the app. Giving opinions on what to prioritize on will help a lot.

Regarding support- we might think of a different approach so that more people have access to more solutions.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:01:03 pm by Michael Maslarov, MobiSystems »

nadir husain

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 07:21:32 pm »
"Regarding support- we might think of a different approach so that more people have access to more solutions."

@Michael  lots of apps have active Twitter  accounts. Maybe you can think along those lines, but I still prefer this forum because it is already established , mature and very interactive.

phred

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 09:15:18 pm »
"Regarding support- we might think of a different approach so that more people have access to more solutions."

@Michael  lots of apps have active Twitter  accounts. Maybe you can think along those lines, but I still prefer this forum because it is already established , mature and very interactive.
The forum rather than twitter: +1
Mainly because it offers the users a place to easily search for issues already resolved.
I understand the desire for support requests to be emailed but as someone in this thread stated, it then becomes one-on-one. If the issue were asked and resolved here on the forum, I would be able to see the resolution. If ten people were having the same issue, and those ten each sent an email to support, your support team will be doing multiple, redundant work. One post to the forum, one fix posted as a resolution, and the issue for ten people is resolved.

Doing it via email seems to be a waste of your resources.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:24:19 pm by phred »

nadir husain

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 09:18:37 pm »
"The forum rather than twitter: +1
Mainly because it offers the users a place to easily search for issues already resolved."
@Phred +1000
You explained it better than I did !
Thanks

phred

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 09:23:05 pm »
"The forum rather than twitter: +1
Mainly because it offers the users a place to easily search for issues already resolved."
@Phred +1000
You explained it better than I did !
Thanks
It was your idea, Nadir. I simply expanded on it. Great minds think alike.