Author Topic: Read Message Contents - Tasker Integration (NOT sending emails :))  (Read 1617 times)

Helios117

Hi all,

I've searched the forums for a while but haven't come up with anything close to what I'm looking for aside from this old thread from 2014 https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=1388.45 which I considered necro-ing but the system suggested I create a new topic instead - so here we are.

Anyway, for a bit of background Tasker has come a long way from where it was even just in 2017, the new owner, João Dias, has really created an amazing application and shows great passion for it. Basically what I'm getting at is that it's now realistic for Tasker to automate an incredibly wide range of tasks from WoL to WhatsApp auto-replies.

What I would really like to see is an option in AquaMail to put the message body into a Tasker variable. It appears that in that old thread I referenced above this was, maybe going to get added but never actually happened. Although if I'm doing a 'wish list' I'd like to see generally more in depth Tasker integration and I believe many Tasker fans would happily pay for AquaMail if this was the case. Indeed I didn't feel right making this request of a free application, so I purchased AquaMail Pro so that I could at least ask if you'd consider this request.

In my experience João Dias is very responsive so if the Devs consider pursuing this I'd encourage them to get in touch with him over on the official Tasker subreddit (r/tasker).

For me I'd like to be able to do the following two things:
  • Send a query from Tasker to AquaMail for a specific folder, to see if any new items have been added (I use server-side rules to sort emails automatically)
  • Extract information from newest email within a given folder, or extract all information from all emails (within reason) inside a folder and place this inside a tasker array
If these two things were possible I could do all manner of cool stuff including triggering different tasker tasks upon receipt of different emails in different folders (and therefore get finer-grain control without having to remove server-side rules), reading emails over Bluetooth while I'm driving or cycling and controlling my home-automation system via custom-formatted email commands - great when the internet connection is weak!

Am I being a dreamer here? Looking forward to a response from one of the Devs, or a knowledgeable user if there's another way to attack this.

Best,

H.