Author Topic: Office 365 with Duo two-factor authentication  (Read 2510 times)

wdmartin

Office 365 with Duo two-factor authentication
« on: April 18, 2019, 09:40:23 pm »
My workplace has recently begun enforcing two-factor authentication for our Office 365 based email accounts, and I've been having trouble getting it to work.  I've attached a series of screenshots showing what happens when I attempt it (I blacked out my account name, employer's logo, etc).

What happens is:

• I enter my email address.
  • Office 365 sends me to my institutional login page.
  • I enter my password.
  • The login page prompts me to authenticate using Duo, and I do so.
  • I get a blank white screen and cannot proceed.

I've tried both the "Send a Push" and the "Call Me" methods of Duo authentication with identical results.

These screenshots were taken while attempting to update my existing account setup in AquaMail.  I've since removed the account entirely and attempted to set it up fresh, but that didn't help.  I get exactly the same result: I can log in, authenticate via Duo, and then I get the blank white screen.

I've had AquaMail Pro for several years now, and I like it a great deal.  I'd prefer to keep using it.  My organization's IT people have suggested that I just install the Outlook app, but I am not enthused about maintaining two separate email apps.

Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks.

mikeone

Re: Office 365 with Duo two-factor authentication
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 12:43:28 pm »
It's just a guess and I'm not sure if it could have any effect, but...

Try to disable the "New editor" in the settings before creating your account:

> Settings > Composing and sending > uncheck "New editor"

Another guess:
Try to change the Theme beforehand...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:45:26 pm by mikeone »

wdmartin

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 12:36:42 am »
I tried it with the New Editor turned off, and using a different theme.  Alas, neither change had any effect.

Thanks for the suggestion, though -- I wouldn't have known to try either of those things.

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 01:14:20 am »
I tried it with the New Editor turned off, and using a different theme.  Alas, neither change had any effect.

Thanks for the suggestion, though -- I wouldn't have known to try either of those things.
Too bad it didn't work, but it was just a guess.