Author Topic: "Push" email stopped working for Office 365  (Read 23262 times)

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
Re: "Push" email stopped working for Office 365
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2022, 09:56:49 am »
Sorry for the inconvenience guys....  We are still looking into it.................. :o

Mick5150

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2022, 07:04:40 pm »
Sorry for the inconvenience guys....  We are still looking into it.................. :o

Personally - I understand. I know there's been hostility recently on development. I've always had a good experience with reporting issues via tickets and have Rarely had issues with anything in the app. Best decision on my part to purchase Pro a couple years back. This app is so much better IMO than any other email app out there.  That was the reason I purchased it and was reinforced to me when this issue popped up and I searched others for a temporary replacement. None stood up to my needs. So v1.36.0 it is!

Back to the topic at hand, it seems other providers are also having issues at least with IMAP and Outlook if not also Exchange. For all I know it could be something Microsoft has done, as suggested by others on the forum.

Good luck either way! I'll probably shed a tear the first time it starts to work in a new version. 😂

Mick5150

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2022, 03:30:51 pm »
Hey Everyone!

I just decided to try out version 1.40 today (couple days late from the Play Store update) - So far push notifications from my exchange account are working without issue. This is completely different behavior compared to every update from 1.36 (which I've had installed for months now). Each update I've tested push as soon as update was completed. None have worked.

Until now. So keeping my fingers crossed this isn't a fluke. I'll report back once I have more time to test today. This account typically receives a fair number of emails in a day so I should know soon if it's still working.

UPDATE: Still working great all day. Zero issues. For me I see this issue is fixed. Maybe by Microsoft maybe by Aqua mail team. Either way very happy!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 01:55:11 am by Mick5150 »

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2022, 10:43:16 am »
Great news, hopefully, the fixes we implemented are working for everyone.  :-X

Please, let me know how it goes in the coming days.

Mick5150

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2022, 06:46:34 pm »

Thanks Martin! Oddly today the push is acting quite slow. All day yesterday on 1.40 seemed to be fine. I did multiple initial test emails to see if it would notify me and it did nearly right away (a little grace there on the fact that there's transmission time, to and from server's etc...) or at least quite quickly. Today, push notifications seem to come sporadically. I have had to manually refreah a couple times, as I can see in my Outlook on my computer there were multiple new emails but Aquamail was showing nothing new. After manual refresh it matched.

I'll keep an eye on it. I'm still encouraged by the path itw on though. Could be a fluke.

oxygen121

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2022, 12:52:57 pm »

Hi!
Push does not work with Exchange 2016.
Aquamail client subscribes to push notifications using the address 5e67-94-155-136-148.eu.ngrok.io. (in logs from client)
But Exchange 2016 server can't send push with this error

After 5 unsuccessful attempts to send a notification for subscription [HgBzcnZleGNoMjAxNi5pbnRlcm5hbC5hdmlsZXgucnUQAAAAFzKpgdgzfkKzAkttf4ZBx67efKd9vdoIEAAAAA70vD9g3CJPoH12BOpfBRs=] against endpoint [5e67-94-155-136-148.eu.ngrok.io/ews/v2/022e4ba2c49a0e1188a51f30184726b********/00000050/648260471bd621a8143f3f060b812c091a3d6a39/11b093b5be39271c9ecca32c604c8cf2d******], the subscription has been removed. Details: WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. StatusCode: NotFound Not Found    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.Core.NotificationServiceClient.HandleResponse(IAsyncResult responseAsyncResult)

When trying to access hxxps:/5e67-94-155-136-148.eu.ngrok.io from a browser, we get an error
ERR_NGROK_3200
Tunnel 5e67-94-155-136-148.eu.ngrok.io not found

do you use the service as an endpoint for the eu.ngrok.io relay to forward push notifications? which is currently not working?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 01:04:51 pm by oxygen121 »

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2022, 10:04:18 am »

Thanks Martin! Oddly today the push is acting quite slow. All day yesterday on 1.40 seemed to be fine. I did multiple initial test emails to see if it would notify me and it did nearly right away (a little grace there on the fact that there's transmission time, to and from server's etc...) or at least quite quickly. Today, push notifications seem to come sporadically. I have had to manually refreah a couple times, as I can see in my Outlook on my computer there were multiple new emails but Aquamail was showing nothing new. After manual refresh it matched.

I'll keep an eye on it. I'm still encouraged by the path itw on though. Could be a fluke.

Keep me posted!

Hi!
Push does not work with Exchange 2016.
Aquamail client subscribes to push notifications using the address 5e67-94-155-136-148.eu.ngrok.io. (in logs from client)
But Exchange 2016 server can't send push with this error

After 5 unsuccessful attempts to send a notification for subscription [HgBzcnZleGNoMjAxNi5pbnRlcm5hbC5hdmlsZXgucnUQAAAAFzKpgdgzfkKzAkttf4ZBx67efKd9vdoIEAAAAA70vD9g3CJPoH12BOpfBRs=] against endpoint [5e67-94-155-136-148.eu.ngrok.io/ews/v2/022e4ba2c49a0e1188a51f30184726b********/00000050/648260471bd621a8143f3f060b812c091a3d6a39/11b093b5be39271c9ecca32c604c8cf2d******], the subscription has been removed. Details: WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. StatusCode: NotFound Not Found    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.Core.NotificationServiceClient.HandleResponse(IAsyncResult responseAsyncResult)

When trying to access hxxps:/5e67-94-155-136-148.eu.ngrok.io from a browser, we get an error
ERR_NGROK_3200
Tunnel 5e67-94-155-136-148.eu.ngrok.io not found

do you use the service as an endpoint for the eu.ngrok.io relay to forward push notifications? which is currently not working?

Thank you for the info. I will ask the devs and get back to you and to your ticket!

Dominik

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2022, 06:50:33 pm »
1.40 works for me. Thanks!

Mick5150

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2022, 07:02:57 pm »
Keep me posted!

Sorry for the delay Martin!  Sadly - later that day I had to revert back to 1.36.  Push stopped working again. 

I plan to test it out again today.  Maybe something else was going on.  Sounds like others may be finding 1.40 working too.  I'll report back tomorrow on how 1.40 is going.  As always, 1.36 was working just fine after I went back - which makes me thing it wasn't something else, and something is still "off" but we'll see.  I'll report back.

Mick5150

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2022, 03:46:26 am »

Keep me posted!

Alright here's some more feedback.  I reinstalled the update early this afternoon.  Was working absolutely fine with push.  Had to re-authenticate my Outlook and Exchange emails.  All my exchange emails were notifying me very quickly all afternoon.

I have the app set to do "Nights" in the "Nights and Weekends" settings at 6:00PM.  I have it disable Push and Scheduled Syncs during the Night.  I decided to go back into the App, turn this off and do some more random tests tonight on Push. 

This is where it all falls apart.  Push no longer works.  Despite the main app and the account both having Push enabled and the Night Setting is turned off.  By all accounts - it should be operating just as it did this afternoon.  I've now sent 4 test emails in the last 20 minutes.  None have shown up in my inbox through Aquamail.  In that accounts inbox through Windows 11 mail, all 4 are there. 

So I'm not sure what's going on here, but this would explain last week's issues for me too.  All was good when I installed and reauthenticated.  My phone went into Night mode, and after coming out the next morning, Push didn't work any more - or if it did nearly non-existent. 

Not sure how this may help you Martin. I'll leave installed into tomorrow - however if I can't get Push re-enabled on 1.40 by Noon I'll likely revert back to 1.36.  If you can think of anything else I can share I will to help.

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2022, 10:41:56 am »

Keep me posted!

Alright here's some more feedback.  I reinstalled the update early this afternoon.  Was working absolutely fine with push.  Had to re-authenticate my Outlook and Exchange emails.  All my exchange emails were notifying me very quickly all afternoon.

I have the app set to do "Nights" in the "Nights and Weekends" settings at 6:00PM.  I have it disable Push and Scheduled Syncs during the Night.  I decided to go back into the App, turn this off and do some more random tests tonight on Push. 

This is where it all falls apart.  Push no longer works.  Despite the main app and the account both having Push enabled and the Night Setting is turned off.  By all accounts - it should be operating just as it did this afternoon.  I've now sent 4 test emails in the last 20 minutes.  None have shown up in my inbox through Aquamail.  In that accounts inbox through Windows 11 mail, all 4 are there. 

So I'm not sure what's going on here, but this would explain last week's issues for me too.  All was good when I installed and reauthenticated.  My phone went into Night mode, and after coming out the next morning, Push didn't work any more - or if it did nearly non-existent. 

Not sure how this may help you Martin. I'll leave installed into tomorrow - however if I can't get Push re-enabled on 1.40 by Noon I'll likely revert back to 1.36.  If you can think of anything else I can share I will to help.

Thank you for the information, it really helps. I will forward it to the devs!

There is one thing I can think of. Try these steps (on 1.40) and let me know if there is a change.

You need to re-register your push to the server again. In order to do that, please try these steps.

​Go to Aqua Mail settings Manage account and choose the problematic account.

​1. Manage folders>Disable the push for all the folders.
​2. Account options>disable push
​3. Mail receiving>disable push
4. Restart the app (completely) 
5. Repeat the steps above, but this time activate the Push (no need to follow the exact order)

​If this doesn't work please re-add your account and repeat the steps.

If all of the steps above don't work, please send us another log file from version 1,40.

Thank you!

Mick5150

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2022, 04:28:28 pm »

If all of the steps above don't work, please send us another log file from version 1,40.

Thank you!

Hey Martin! Okay I have three log files to send you guys. Let me know the best way.

I tried your above options for disabling and re-enabling push with no success. I also attempted to remove the account, re-add the account, and test push with no success all on 1.40.

I then restored my 1.36 backup and data. I took a log on 1.36 of sending emails from my normal Outlook email to my office 365 email that typically has the push issues. All push notifications worked no problem. I believe in that log as well that I turn push off and turn push back on and push still worked with no problem. But we all know 1.36 works so that's no surprise, however I wanted to include a log just for comparison's sake if it helps.

Finally after confirming 1.36 is working, I re-updated through the Play Store to 1.40.  after updating, I tested push again. No issues on 1.40. I then tested out just turning off message notifications. This seemed to work just fine, push still worked but no notifications. Re-enabling them allowed the notifications to come into my notifications area and push was still working fine. I then turned push off both in the main app, in the account settings and folder settings. I then turn push back on in all those areas. From that point forward push was no longer working.

I don't know obviously the reasons why here but what this is telling me as a layperson, is something's happening when push is turned off inside of the app. Somehow it is not re-enabling itself despite the app having those options turned on. Upon use after immediate update to 1.40 from 1.36 were there are no issues with push, push seems to work just fine with my office 365 account on 1.40. once pushmail starts getting turned off and turned on in 1.40 it appears that that is when the issues begin. At least for me. Again I have three log files to pass along, just let me know the best way so your devs can review.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 04:54:38 pm by Mick5150 »

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2022, 10:41:47 am »

Thank you!

Hey Martin! Okay I have three log files to send you guys. Let me know the best way.

I tried your above options for disabling and re-enabling push with no success. I also attempted to remove the account, re-add the account, and test push with no success all on 1.40.

I then restored my 1.36 backup and data. I took a log on 1.36 of sending emails from my normal Outlook email to my office 365 email that typically has the push issues. All push notifications worked no problem. I believe in that log as well that I turn push off and turn push back on and push still worked with no problem. But we all know 1.36 works so that's no surprise, however I wanted to include a log just for comparison's sake if it helps.

Finally after confirming 1.36 is working, I re-updated through the Play Store to 1.40.  after updating, I tested push again. No issues on 1.40. I then tested out just turning off message notifications. This seemed to work just fine, push still worked but no notifications. Re-enabling them allowed the notifications to come into my notifications area and push was still working fine. I then turned push off both in the main app, in the account settings and folder settings. I then turn push back on in all those areas. From that point forward push was no longer working.

I don't know obviously the reasons why here but what this is telling me as a layperson, is something's happening when push is turned off inside of the app. Somehow it is not re-enabling itself despite the app having those options turned on. Upon use after immediate update to 1.40 from 1.36 were there are no issues with push, push seems to work just fine with my office 365 account on 1.40. once pushmail starts getting turned off and turned on in 1.40 it appears that that is when the issues begin. At least for me. Again I have three log files to pass along, just let me know the best way so your devs can review.

Thanks for the info Mick!

You can upload them in google drive or any other place you like and send me the link through DM.
Make sure you name them first, if you remember witch one is witch.

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2022, 05:41:06 pm »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! I have spoken with the devs and we saw where the problem is FINALLY.

We will roll out a release next week.

So stay updated!  ;D

P.S. Let's hope this is the end of this story  :-X

Mick5150

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2022, 03:46:51 pm »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! I have spoken with the devs and we saw where the problem is FINALLY.

We will roll out a release next week.

So stay updated!  ;D

P.S. Let's hope this is the end of this story  :-X

Martin - I think you guys have done it. I'm still testing new scenarios (haven't tested nights and weekends toggling) - HOWEVER on 1.41 push are coming through with no issue.

After reauthenticating my accounts, I tested a few emails. Worked great. I then turned push off, tested again. No push. All good. Turned it back on, and push works again! This was that spot I found before where it usually didn't turn back on.

I'll let you know if I find any issues but if you don't hear from me that means all is going well!