Author Topic: "Push" email stopped working for Office 365  (Read 23255 times)

MKANET

"Push" email stopped working for Office 365
« on: April 16, 2019, 01:29:20 am »
I am no longer able to receive an email instantly with "Push" enabled for any of my Office 365 folders.  Instead, I have to manually schedule synching.  I don't have any issues with any of my other mail clients on desktop or mobile that support Office365; including Outlook Mobile.

Even after removing my Office 365 account and adding it back in and synching ONLY my Inbox, doesn't fix the issue.  I'm using all the default settings.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?  The only solution I can think of to use is switching to another mail client like Nine or Outlook Mobile... both work correctly with my account.

PS:  I already disabled battery optimizations for Android.  Rebooting doesnt make a difference either.

CesarJuarezit

Re: "Push" email stopped working for Office 365
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 11:37:15 am »
Sadly I am currently having the same issue. I am using a Oneplus 8T device with Android 12 and I ak not able to get push mail to work. I tried a variety of different options including re-installing the app, re-adding the account and not show. All my push options are checked to ON yest push email doesnt work. I am forced to set my scheduled sync to the lowest setting of 5-minutes and Inalso have to manually sync nthe account when I want to see changes. I tried looking for solutions, but I can't seem to find any. I hope I'm just missing an option, but I can't find a fix for this.

Mick5150

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 01:57:48 am »
Sadly I am currently having the same issue. I am using a Oneplus 8T device with Android 12 and I ak not able to get push mail to work. I tried a variety of different options including re-installing the app, re-adding the account and not show. All my push options are checked to ON yest push email doesnt work. I am forced to set my scheduled sync to the lowest setting of 5-minutes and Inalso have to manually sync nthe account when I want to see changes. I tried looking for solutions, but I can't seem to find any. I hope I'm just missing an option, but I can't find a fix for this.
Sorry my friend - been an issue since 1.37 beta.  My Best guess is something is happening with the new authentication that was implemented.

I put a ticket in about it early June. Went back to 1.36 stable and seemed to fix it. Once 1.37 rolled out to stable I lost push on 1.36 too.

Martin and the team are still investigating. 1.38 sadly didn't fix this.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

eschweitzer

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 06:58:43 pm »
Have there been any updates on this issue? Push on Office 365 does not work for me as well. I switched to the Outlook e-mail app, which is not as good as AquaMail.

Mick5150

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 07:36:41 pm »
No sir. The ticket I had open got closed the other day because I hadn't responded in a week back to them. However, I know they are still researching it as Martin had said that they're still looking into it.

Best thing to do at this point, is go into the development thread, download the last 1.36 version. Make a backup of your settings and data in the app through the data and storage area in settings. Uninstall the current version you have (if you still have it installed) and then install the beta 1.36 APK that you downloaded. Restore your data. Make sure to go into Google Play store, go to AquaMail, and turn off auto updates. I've been on this since last week with zero issues with push mail. Martin even told me that the best thing would be to stay on that if I'm having no issues until they can find the problem.

I went to Outlook as well for about a month during this. It works but it's not as good as Aquamail by a long shot.

Martin Kostov - Aqua Mail Support

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 09:08:33 am »
We have implemented some fixes in version 1.38 which should help/resolve those issues hopefully :)

Mick5150

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 12:50:49 pm »
We have implemented some fixes in version 1.38 which should help/resolve those issues hopefully :)

Great to hear! Are these fixes not yet implemented in the 1.38 beta? Current beta of 1.38 still has push issues.

Dominik

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 11:12:38 pm »
Push notifications on 1.38 still don't working for me. I'm back to 1.36.

CesarJuarezit

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 12:37:41 pm »

Unfortunately, I am on Verison 1.38.0-177 and I'm still having issues with push mail and office365. Just thought all might know. I don't think push is working even after the changes that were made.

hpg38

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022, 02:11:09 pm »
In fact it does not come from aquamail but from Microsoft. Moreover, even Outlook consumer accounts are affected.

CesarJuarezit

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2022, 08:28:43 pm »
In fact it does not come from aquamail but from Microsoft. Moreover, even Outlook consumer accounts are affected.

This could be, but funny how it works as soon as i use the outlook app...just not with aqua mail.... especially since some aqua users state they went back to version 1.36 since it works on that version only

Mick5150

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 08:41:00 pm »

If it is then is possibly a problem with their MSAL authentication. 1.36 which is using the older ADAL authentication works.

I've used about 6 other apps that work with Office365 in the last month. I don't believe any had push issues. It's possible that they all use the older authentication as well.

If it's a problem with Microsoft in general I wouldn't expect all the other apps and version 1.36 to work. But they do.

hpg38

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2022, 09:13:10 pm »
on my personal account, it's a general public outlook account nothing works even in version 1.36 and with no tested app from the play store. it just works with the Microsoft app :(

Mick5150

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2022, 01:31:31 am »
on my personal account, it's a general public outlook account nothing works even in version 1.36 and with no tested app from the play store. it just works with the Microsoft app :(

Try taking a backup of your data in the app. Then uninstall it.

Install the last 1.36 beta version from the beta development thread in this forum. See if that fixes it for you.

hpg38

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2022, 06:05:14 am »
Thanks Mick5150, I have already tried even versions up to 1.35. I even tested ninemail and FairEmail. I reported the problem to Microsoft because even when testing thunderbird on pc it's the same.
They confirmed "make changes to IMAP/pop support and recommend connecting using Microsoft Exchange" which doesn't change anything for me.
So as long as they don't do anything on their side for me, only their outlook app will work!