Author Topic: Forcing Aquamail to use date/time from Message Header  (Read 2749 times)

Dougal

Forcing Aquamail to use date/time from Message Header
« on: March 28, 2019, 06:32:06 pm »
I have just migrated my eMail to a different imap server. Unfortunately the internaldate that AquaMail uses is now today's date for all my eMails and has nothing to do with when I actually received them.

The faq suggests the following solution for this:

If you’re seeing this, please delete the account in Aqua, add it back, and before it syncs any messages, open the account’s options and folders -> IMAP options, and change “which message date/time to download” to “Date/time sent (from message header)”.

However I don't see how this is possible for the inbox folder since it syncs immediately after setting up the account and before I can make any changes to the imap options for the account.

What am I overlooking / missing?

hpg38

Re: Forcing Aquamail to use date/time from Message Header
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 07:01:14 pm »
simple to block aquamail time to make the change, you disable 3g / 4g data and wifi.

mikeone

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 10:19:15 pm »
Just turn on the 'airplane mode' on your mobile device.  8)

Dougal

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 10:58:09 pm »
Just turn on the 'airplane mode' on your mobile device.  8)

Unfortunately that doesn't work, because without an internet connection Aqua doesn't allow you to complete the setup for a new account. When you press "next" after defining the smtp server, you get an account check error and you can't finish the process...

Dougal

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 11:03:31 pm »
The true answer was similarly trivial though... "do not enable push eMail during setup"  ::)

mikeone

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 12:10:55 am »
The true answer was similarly trivial though... "do not enable push eMail during setup"  ::)
Ah, yes. That's a better solution  :)