Author Topic: Move Delete Button  (Read 4985 times)

jsicher

Move Delete Button
« on: March 07, 2019, 05:55:01 pm »
In the message view, the delete button is on the far left.  That is not convenient for right-handers.  Is there a way to move the delete button to the center or right?  Thanks.

Limoman

Re: Move Delete Button
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 06:11:40 pm »
I just posted the exact same question / request. And of course I agree with you 100%.

infernix

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 08:45:56 pm »
So this has become a real problem because on phones with curved screens. I am frequently accidentally hitting the delete button because there is almost no margin between the side of the screen and the delete button.

Is there something that can be done to improve this?

Sunny

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 07:31:25 pm »
Where did you, guys, find Delete button? How to enable it? I cannot find Delete neither in toolbar not in menu in message view

mikeone

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 09:27:26 pm »
The "x" on the bottom (left edge) is the "Delete" button.

Be aware that the message will be deleted immediately, since the icon "x" means "Delete immediately" (not: "Move to Trash / Deleted folder").

However, you can change the behavior "how to delete messages" in the settings, for each account separately. Nevertheless the initial setting is “move to deleted first, delete from server when purging the deleted folder”.

To change the default: long press on the account in the main screen and choose “Options and Folders”, then “Account options”.

The icon "x" should than change to a "Trash can".