Author Topic: Using send-only email address in Yahoo  (Read 5095 times)

Bezoeker

Using send-only email address in Yahoo
« on: February 22, 2019, 07:32:25 pm »
I'm trying to configure a single account in AM for a Yahoo mail account that has a send-only address set up.  I have read much earlier threads on what I think is the same subject but have to admit to ending up bamboozled. In desperation I have purchased the Pro version.

Supposing my Yahoo account to be me@yahoo.com, I have configured it with a send-only address, say, alias@mydomain, which I have set as the account’s default sending address. When I send emails from Yahoo webmail the recipient sees alias@mydomain in the From field and alias@mydomain in the Reply-to field. This is what I want to the recipient to see when I send emails from AM.

In AM I have created an account named alias@mydomain for my Yahoo account me@yahoo.com. When I send emails from AM the recipient sees alias@mydomain in the Reply-to field, but me@yahoo.com in the From field which would be confusing for them. How can I get the From field to show alias@mydomain?

The address alias@mydomain does not physically exist - it is just registered with a mail forwarding service that redirects to my Yahoo account. There will be no other email traffic so I only need a single inbox in AM.

Bezoeker

Re: Using send-only email address in Yahoo
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 02:20:10 pm »
I've now solved my problem so I'm posting the solution in case anyone else has the same issue.

Instead of choosing Yahoo when creating my mail account in AM, I chose webmail instead. This allowed me to use alias@mydomain as the email address (whereas when I chose Yahoo I was forced to use a @yahoo.com address). I then used the correct Yahoo parameters for setting up the account for sending via SMTP (having noted them down previously when I had set up the now-redundant me@yahoo.com account in AM). With alias@mydomain as the Reply-to setting, sending mail works as I want, with the recipient seeing alias@mydomain in both the From and Reply-to fields.