Author Topic: What date did Mobi acquire Aquamail?  (Read 14021 times)

Philip

Re: What date did Mobi acquire Aquamail?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2019, 04:57:33 pm »
I just had a very quick look at FairMail, based on the comments here.

It doesn't appear to support POP, and it doesn't have widget support, both of which are deal breakers for me.

nadir husain

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2019, 05:12:10 pm »
@Philip : can you pl share what apps you recommend. I do not trust cloud based apps simply because they can access ones data so the choice gets pretty limited.  Thanks in advance.

someone

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2019, 07:35:36 pm »
It doesn't appear to support POP, and it doesn't have widget support, both of which are deal breakers for me.
That's why there are apps to fit everyone's needs.

For me, pop is good on a laptop but makes no sense on a phone with limited storage. That said, there is a work around to use pop in FE but I have not used it.

As for widgets, again For me, clicking on the app shortcut does everything a widget would do without the additional memory load.

Justin

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2019, 09:24:11 pm »

Both of them wrong. POP is supported, and there is a widget.

BTW: Using more than one device with one mail account, IMAP should rather be preferred. In all mail apps.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 09:34:32 pm by Justin »

Philip

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2019, 12:50:03 am »
@Philip : can you pl share what apps you recommend. I do not trust cloud based apps simply because they can access ones data so the choice gets pretty limited.  Thanks in advance.
Probably K-9. Very fully featured. Open Source. Still being actively developed.

Philip

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2019, 12:57:44 am »

Both of them wrong. POP is supported, and there is a widget.

BTW: Using more than one device with one mail account, IMAP should rather be preferred. In all mail apps.
I'm going by the FAQ on FairEmail's own site (https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/blob/master/FAQ.md) which says:

(11) Why is POP not supported?
and
Widget to read messages: widgets can have limited user interaction only, so a widget to read conversations would not be very convenient. Moreover, it would be not very useful to duplicate functions which are already available in the app.

Both of these are, for me, reasons why it would be utterly useless to me.

I have no wish to use IMAP, and a widget which shows me emails as they come in - which I have on one of my screens, along with lots of other real time information - is a basic requirement of a mobile-based email client.