Author Topic: digitizer-stylus-over icons does not popup action description.  (Read 2416 times)

KieSeyHow

digitizer-stylus-over icons does not popup action description.
« on: December 27, 2018, 02:12:03 pm »
How am I supposed to know what an icon does BEFORE I do something stupid, when there is no explanation with a popup or text label BEFORE I click/tap on it, etc????

All icons should have a CLEAR method of indication what they do BEFORE I touch them.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:16:29 pm by KieSeyHow »

mikeone

Re: digitizer-stylus-over icons does not popup action description.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 11:07:28 pm »
How am I supposed to know what an icon does BEFORE I do something stupid, when there is no explanation with a popup or text label BEFORE I click/tap on it, etc????????

All icons should have a CLEAR method of indication what they do BEFORE I touch them.  This is a failure in UI design.
Press-and-hold displays (pop-up) a brief description on almost each icon.
This is a common feature - by design - in Android's OS 8)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:14:58 pm by mikeone »

KieSeyHow

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 11:10:47 pm »
Ah!  thank you.  So simple now that I know.  I guess I had tried this in some apps and it did not work, so I never tried it in the rest.  THANKS!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:17:09 pm by KieSeyHow »

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 11:24:51 pm »
Also, HOW do I unmark an email as spam?  If a server puts something in a junk or spam folder, how can I unmark it as junk or spam for the future?
Aquamail does not sort messages to "junk". That is done by the mail server. Hence, Aquamail does not need to (and it does not) remember anything about messages received.

Just move the message into the INBOX (or in any other 'non-junk' folder). Then the server (for those that do automatic periodic cleaning of the "junk" folder, e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, ...) does not delete that message automatically.

What happens after that (on the server) depends on the provider: I believe with some providers, if you move the message from the "junk" folder elsewhere the server may learn that and in the future that would lower the probability of the messages from the same sender getting into "junk".

KieSeyHow

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 11:29:09 pm »
i moved my question to the "How do I..." group.

Yes, thunderbird does not sort them either, but when messages go into either Junk, or Spam folders (that should not go in there) I just right-click, and select "Mark as not Junk.  No rules are created either in my client, or online on my accounts, and the servers honour that command for messages coming from that address in the future.  I went online and no rules were created.  In Thunderbird, this works for all my accounts

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:33:20 pm by KieSeyHow »