Author Topic: No LED Notification or Sound?  (Read 4339 times)

M0710NM4N

No LED Notification or Sound?
« on: December 29, 2018, 11:44:06 am »
Just purchased Pro and noticed when I get an email that it's in the Notification bar, but no sound or LED notification?

Galaxy S8+

mikeone

Re: No LED Notification or Sound?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 12:36:32 pm »
I guess, you're using Android 8+

Some devices have "advanced" notification settings, to "allow / modify lock screen notifications". This would be in phone Settings (not in AquaMail) -> Apps -> Aqua Mail -> Notifications..

M0710NM4N

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 12:42:02 pm »
Android 8.0.0

I do not use a Lock Screen. But checked settings within the phone that you pointed me too and everything is enabled. Funny thing is, it was working prior to getting Pro version. I had deleted the app and then reinstalled and now this mess.

mikeone

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 02:45:59 pm »
For further investigation to solve your issue, I recommend to try the following steps:

1 - Disable the 'account-specific' settings for "Message notifications" (for ALL accounts) in AquaMail. > long-press on Account name > Special settings > Message notifications > Just toggle the button 'Special settings' to the left: see screenshot #1

2 - Enable notifications in AquaMail's general settings (section "Message notifications"). Just activate the checkbox (a) 'Enable notifications', '(b) LED notifications' and (c) 'Vibration'

3 - Check Android's system / phone settings if notifications are enabled in general and/or specific for the app AquaMail. Change/modify these settings if necessary. see screenshot #2 (maybe Sony-specific)
Do not touch or change any settings in AquaMail - to avoid unwanted interferences between AquaMail and Android at this stage.

4 - Watch what happens and give feedback here in the forum

M0710NM4N

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 09:30:33 pm »
Got it fixed after spending 2 hours tinkering with the settings. All the while sending a zillion emails to myself from my computer to test it. LoL

What I had to do was go into AquaMail Settings>Message Notifications>Manage Notifications>Importance and changed it from Medium:no sound to Urgent:Sound and pop up on screen.

Now I get the LED and Sound notification. Man... all these settings are enough to make my head spin.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:44:06 pm by M0710NM4N »

wooshaq

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 10:14:05 pm »
Sadly, I just switched to new phone, xiaomi pocophone with android 9 and i cant get sound to show up. Can you please look into the issue? I dont have account specific setting, only main notification is on, and the sound notification is checked in the per app setting. Still after new message i cant hear anything.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:21:12 pm by wooshaq »

M0710NM4N

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 10:21:58 pm »
Making your own thread about the problem would be your best bet. Would be easier for others to see it and might be able to help.

mikeone

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 11:32:16 pm »

.. What I had to do was go into AquaMail Settings>Message Notifications>Manage Notifications>Importance and changed it from Medium:no sound to Urgent:Sound and pop up on screen.

Now I get the LED and Sound notification. Man... all these settings are enough to make my head spin.
AquaMail Settings > Message Notifications > Manage Notifications > At this point you change to the system / phone settings ... these options are set outside the app

However, in Android 7, Google decided that the LED will only flash if a notification has a sound or vibration.

Some devices have a setting to override this (e.g. Nexus 5x), some manufacturers never implemented Google's change.

The root issue however is - Google's decision that "no sound / no vibration" -> no LED.

mikeone

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 11:35:11 pm »
Making your own thread about the problem would be your best bet. Would be easier for others to see it and might be able to help.
+1

mikeone

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 01:32:00 am »
@M0710NM4N

There is a 'brandnew' entry in the FAQ at the end:
Notification appearance settings - Android 8.0 and newer

https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/