Author Topic: 8 Trackers found  (Read 10774 times)

jwsp1

Re: 8 Trackers found
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 10:10:24 am »
Hi, I've just read this thread and wanted to say that I'm also concerned about the 8 trackers. I understand the use and trust Aquamail that the trackers are disabled when you pay for premium and unckeck the tracking-box in settings.
But I wonder if it is so hard to simply copy the code from the 'free' app into the 'paid' app and remove all trackers there. A lot of companies provide 2 separate apps (one free, one paid), without relying on an unlocker app.
This way, you are not required to have 2 apps installed anymore (aquamail free and unlocker) and would give the user a better feeling using aquamail.

P. S. I don't think so but if it's because of money - I would pay double premium price to go tracker free. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who would pay more.

plsfixit

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 11:03:13 am »
Hi, I've just read this thread and wanted to say that I'm also concerned about the 8 trackers. I understand the use and trust Aquamail that the trackers are disabled when you pay for premium and unckeck the tracking-box in settings.
But I wonder if it is so hard to simply copy the code from the 'free' app into the 'paid' app and remove all trackers there. A lot of companies provide 2 separate apps (one free, one paid), without relying on an unlocker app.
This way, you are not required to have 2 apps installed anymore (aquamail free and unlocker) and would give the user a better feeling using aquamail.

P. S. I don't think so but if it's because of money - I would pay double premium price to go tracker free. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who would pay more.
If its so easy then learn smali and do it :-).
Believe me when I say its not that straightforward to keep two codebases in sync with additions and stuff in one and the other. Its not just that youve got to do everything twice, but there is additional compexities. If you dont trust the dev use sg else. If you do.. ..then there is no prob. They r not going to sell your data out for scraps. However they might want to see your crashes so they can fix the app for you...

If youve got nuclear launchcodes anywhere near your phone then you probably messed up already ;-)

CTK

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 05:14:46 pm »
I just registered to take some steam off the discussion:

Aquamail Pro does not activate any tracker. I can prove it. Anybody can.

The App Netguard is a VPN firewall. It tunnels every network access an app can try through its own firewall filters.
Using Netguard you can actually see what addresses an app connects to.

Aquamail Pro does connect to my Mailserver. It does connect to websites, when I click links in E-Mails to load graphics.

It does nothing more.

Although I also would prefer an app-version that has no trackers in the first place, I am confident that at the moment everything is as promised.

plsfixit

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 08:04:16 pm »
Thanks for confirming that :-). Is uppose the topic can be closed than.. 8)

The App Netguard is a VPN firewall. It tunnels every network access an app can try through its own firewall filters.

Aquamail Pro does connect to my Mailserver. It does connect to websites, when I click links in E-Mails to load graphics.

It does nothing more.

Although I also would prefer an app-version that has no trackers in the first place, I am confident that at the moment everything is as promised.

Philip

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 02:16:17 pm »
Thanks for confirming that :-). Is uppose the topic can be closed than.. 8)
I respectfully disagree. Given the appalling history that AquaMail has (removing functionality without mentioning it in the release notes, putting adverts in the paid-for "ad free" version), who could possibly trust them not to exploit those trackers at some point in the future?

liquid_ter

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 06:30:22 pm »

It does nothing more.

I have looked with NetGuard and NetMonitor what AquaMail does, but it remains that I do not know Kostya personally and even less can estimate how MobiSystems behaves / will behave.
So it's a bad thing that this really good piece of software has includes Tracker in the Pro Version.