Author Topic: Different sounds on message notification  (Read 2309 times)

warz00

Different sounds on message notification
« on: December 12, 2018, 04:13:05 pm »
Since the latest update I am receiving various sounds when a new message arrives - i have the setting in the app set to "Min Lo Beep" - sometimes i hear that sound when a message arrives - but other times i am hearing "Min Bell Mid" which is the "notification sound" setting in android settings under "Sounds" - any thought on why this is suddenly happening and how i can have it notify with only the sound set in aquamail's settings?  Thx

phred

Re: Different sounds on message notification
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 10:30:06 pm »
I can't seem to find the actual post, but if I recall correctly, starting with v1.18 AM made changes to the notifications (sounds and vibration) settings. Apparently these changes were/are dictated by Google, so if you don't like it, that's where you should direct your displeasure. Eventually all apps that use notifications will be following the path to this ridiculous change.

warz00

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 11:12:41 pm »
thx for the reply - i thought i had read something about that but couodnt find it either - it's still odd that some times im getting the google notification sound and other times the aquamail settings sound

warz00

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 11:22:33 pm »
may have figured it out - in aquamail settings "notifications" and "priority notifications" were set to different sounds

Bertil

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 05:25:43 pm »
Kan inte ändra email ljudet.

phred

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 07:20:05 pm »
Kan inte ändra email ljudet.
Translation via Google Translate: Can't change email sound.

You can, but only to a built-in sound provided by Android. Assuming AM 1.18+ and Android 8.0+.

From within AM proceed as you normally would to set a sound/notification and it will take you the Android's sounds and notifications window.

This was done by AM as required by Google and will be done by other developers soon. Again. it's a Google requirement, and AM has no choice. Complain to Google if you don't like it.