Author Topic: Notification Lights Messed Up After Update  (Read 6046 times)

loanadvisor

Notification Lights Messed Up After Update
« on: December 05, 2018, 11:27:45 pm »
I just did the most recent update -  Android Samsung 7.
Now my Notification lights are messed up. Colors are wrong and the light blink is really slow. I have different notification lights blink based on different email accounts. How can I fix this??

mikeone

Re: Notification Lights Messed Up After Update
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 11:37:58 pm »
It could be worth to have a look into this thread / post:

https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=6384.msg38880#msg38880

loanadvisor

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 11:46:27 pm »
thanks -  but after this update, it appears we can no longer control individual email account LED light notifications within the Aqua Mail app?  Or at least I can't find it.  We used to be able to select a color and blink time for each individual account.
Am I missing something?

MarcB

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 11:18:42 am »
I sadly have to agree. Now there is only one LED color left for all accounts. In the past you could set one color for each account, which worked very well and was an important point for my decision for AquaMail.

The number of vibrations is still, working (it just takes now 15 seconds after the LED notification), which means that you could set a specific number of vibration sounds for each account. But I can not find the settings for this anymore. Also I can not find the settings for the LED color, even if there is only one color left.

Why do updates allways have to worsen software (this does not concern only AquaMail, which still is a fantastic app)

Best regards
Marc

Chuck_IV

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 06:28:48 pm »
I registered just to post about this. When getting an email, the blinking light was a different color than normal and the option for the individual account colors was gone.

I don't know why they removed the color option for each account. That was a feature I liked. Being able to just glance at the phone and see the color to determine what email the alert was for.

These 3 options are now MISSING from the Account level notifications override screen...

LED notifications
Use account color
High Priority notifications

For now, I've gone back to version 1324 until this gets sorted out.

I just hope this was just an oversight/bug and not a trend to start taking away features.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:51:37 pm by Chuck_IV »

phred

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 10:59:52 pm »

I just hope this was just an oversight/bug and not a trend to start taking away features.
You'd better hold on to that version because it's not going to get sorted out. At least not by AM's developer. Changes to notifications (sounds, vibrations, and LEDs)  was mandated by Google and all apps will be migrating to Google's new "standard."

Kostya has posted about this more than once, but right now I can't seem to find one to refer you to.

mikeone

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 11:07:53 pm »

You'd better hold on to that version because it's not going to get sorted out. At least not by AM's developer. Changes to notifications (sounds, vibrations, and LEDs)  was mandated by Google and all apps will be migrating to Google's new "standard."

Kostya has posted about this more than once, but right now I can't seem to find one to refer you to.
Maybe this post from Kostya has related information.

MarcB

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 11:15:31 am »

Please help me to understand this. Google ist able to force the developer of an app how to handle certain things (in this case notifications)?
I also reinstalled version 1324 and all settings of LED and vibrations are working fine. What would happen, if this settings would still be available in newer versions of AM, would the app be removed from the playstore by google?

Thanks and regards
Marc

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 02:29:45 pm »
Re: would the app be removed from the playstore by google

Since November 1 2018 - it not possible to upload updates to Google Play unless the updated app version is compliant with Google's newest requirements.

Funny when Google announced this change - Android news sites were all over themselves cheering and praising the new policy.

And now that it's actually implemented and it's bad for users (and developers) - is it not news worthy?

Please read

https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

"Notification appearance settings - Android 8.0 and newer"

It's the last (bottom-most) entry at this time.

There are other discussions here on the forum you should be able to use search to find them.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

toolworker

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 07:57:57 pm »
I also reinstalled version 1324 and all settings of LED and vibrations are working fine.

How can I get and install this version?

toolworker

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 09:36:27 pm »
Answered my own question.  Because it might be of general interest, I posted the instructions separately here.

mikeone

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 08:44:42 am »
Answered my own question.  Because it might be of general interest, I posted the instructions separately here.
Here is the link to @toolworker's instructions:
https://www.aqua-mail.com/forum/index.php?topic=7063.msg42414#msg42414