Author Topic: Mail will not connect on work Wi-Fi  (Read 2001 times)

computerwhiz

Mail will not connect on work Wi-Fi
« on: December 04, 2018, 05:57:20 pm »
I'm new to aquamail and my office uses exchange.  I set up everything at my house and the app is amazing.  When I came to work for the first day since installing, I noticed my mail not alerting.  After opening the app I realized nothing was syncing.  Watching it try to load for a bit, it gave me a socket error.  If i switch my phone to LTE everything loads up and all my mail is received.  Has anyone ever had an issue like this at their office? 

phred

Re: Mail will not connect on work Wi-Fi
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:12:07 pm »
If the app is working via WiFi elsewhere, I suspect the issue is with your work environment. You IT department may be preventing "unknown" email clients from connecting to the network. I would check with them, as it's not likely to be an issue with AM.

One question I have for you is: are you able to connect to your work email when you're at home? Or outside the office. In other words, on a non-work WiFi network.

computerwhiz

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 08:28:05 pm »
After speaking with my network admins at the office, they do not allow access to the mail server from the WIFI network I was connecting to.  They use Mobile Iron for everyone else and I kind of got them thinking when I got AM connected.  Since I have a PIXEL 3 phone mobile iron will only allow certain email clients to be configured. 

Does AM use activesync or does it go through some type of webmail setup to pull down emails?

Nadejda Fudulska, MobiSystems, AquaMail support

• Administrator
    • MobiSystems
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 06:25:11 pm »
Hi,

ActiveSync: no, to connect to Exchange AquaMail uses EWS (Exchange Web Services) not ActiveSync.
Both are official supported documented ways to connect to Exchange. EWS is available since Exchange 2007 SP1 (November 2007).

Thanks,

Nadia