Author Topic: Battery usage  (Read 2933 times)

ma_t14

Battery usage
« on: November 16, 2018, 12:12:16 pm »
Hi,

Recently started using AquaMail and really liking it so far. Only issue is that I am getting relatively higher battery usage than my previous mail app, Newton (discontinued). It results in my phone's battery monitor to trigger warnings.

I have background check set to a 15min interval and push enabled for inbox.

Is the battery usage, as shown in the attached screenshot, normal?

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 12:14:08 pm by ma_t14 »

phred

Re: Battery usage
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 11:01:11 pm »
I've been using AM for more than a year and can't recall ever getting a ever getting a battery warning. I have eight accounts, most with IMAP push, and the rest checking every 15 minutes. My current 'usage per hour' for AM is 0.08%.

(And a personal hello to you from the MB forum.)

ma_t14

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 12:29:38 pm »
Hey Phred, good to see you here!

I have recently updated to Android Pie and Aqua Mail's battery usage seems to have been reduced significantly, to the drain levels I see most people reporting. Not sure what was causing it but glad it "resolved itself". I will be monitoring the situation but Aqua Mail looks like it's here to stay.

phred

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 05:05:27 pm »
I have recently updated to Android Pie and Aqua Mail's battery usage seems to have been reduced significantly, to the drain levels I see most people reporting. Not sure what was causing it but glad it "resolved itself". I will be monitoring the situation
I've been on Android 8 since starting to use AM. Very happy with it. And it's good to hear you've probably got the issue resolved.

but Aqua Mail looks like it's here to stay.
Yes, I used the trial version for less than two days before I concluded it was worth the money. AM replaced K-9 for me. Great and responsive developer, unless MobiSystems interferes, but I'm pretty satisfied with the product.

ma_t14

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 05:09:59 pm »
I tried to use K-9 a couple of times before but never could get past the outdated interface  :-\