Author Topic: Move to.. on deleted messages.  (Read 14710 times)

jmccabe

Move to.. on deleted messages.
« on: February 14, 2013, 04:10:59 pm »
I've been using K9 for a couple of years now but with my new phone I thought I'd look to see the current state of the market and found Aqua-Mail. I've now got my settings such that the behaviour is much the same as with K9.

The one thing I'm missing at the moment is related to deleting messages. In Aqua-Mail there's the option to:

1) Go to previous message
2) Go to next message
3) Return to message list

I have my "Smart Inbox" set to show only unread messages, which makes it like K9, but there are two minor annoyances with the deletion functionality when compared to K9.

1) In K9, when I open a message there are buttons to move to the next or previous message. If I press either of those buttons, then delete the message I'm reading, K9 moves to the message in the direction I last moved. So, let's say there are 4 unread messages in my inbox, a, b, c and d (from top to bottom). If I open c, then go to the previous message b, then delete b, K9 will move to a (Aqua-Mail will move to a only if 'go to previous' is selected, otherwise it will go to c). So basically it continues to move in the last direction I chose when reading a message. This is really nice because you don't have to change a setting to go in the other order.

2) Also, continuing on from 1), when you delete the last message in the direction you've been going, it will start moving in the opposite direction. I noticed in Aqua-Mail that, when I have multiple unread messages and select one at the end of the list then delete it, the move to next seems to find it can't go any further so returns to the message list. I'd like an option to show the second to last item and so on like K9 does. So, for example, let's say I've got 4 unread messages, a, b, c and d, and I've set it up to move to the next in the list. If I open c and delete it, Aqua-Mail moves to d. Now if I delete d, it moves to the message list whereas I'd like it to move to b.

Hope these make sense.

John
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:15:40 pm by jmccabe »