Author Topic: Synch Inbox for Deleted Messages  (Read 1977 times)

Paul Noga

Synch Inbox for Deleted Messages
« on: October 03, 2018, 09:12:14 pm »
I have a non-Gmail IMAP account.  Almost all folders synch, with one exception. If I delete a message from my PC using Outlook, the mail is moved to Trash on the server, as well as the Trash and Deleted Items folders in AquaMail.  So far, so good.

However, that same message remains in the AquaMail inbox.  Is there a setting so that I do not have a copy remaining in the Inbox, and it is in synch with my other client and web version?  Many thanks.

Paul Noga

Re: Synch Inbox for Deleted Messages
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 10:03:33 pm »
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, I have both folders.  The Trash folder appears to be an "other" folder, and the Deleted folder has a little triangle icon next to it in the folder list.

The Trash folder is set to sync with the Deleted folder.  Since my Outlook and AOL web versions use the Trash folder, I wanted to ensure I could use the Trash folder regardless of where I was viewing my mail.

Paul Noga

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 08:04:52 pm »
I'd like to amend my previous problem.  It is not exclusive to Deleted messages.  I just went on my web server and moved some items from the Inbox to other folders.  When AquaMail synced, the mail was put in the correct folders, BUT they also remained in the Inbox.  So I guess my more generic problem is leaving mail in the Inbox which has also been moved into the more current folders.

desilu

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 11:19:46 am »
I had a similar problem.

Mine was that when I deleted emails on my phone, then on my desktop Outlook they weren't deleted.

I solved it by long pressing the account, Options and Folders, Manage Folders, and for Trash and/or Deleted Messages, select them to be sync'd with Deleted Folder.

They weren't being sync'd.