Author Topic: Advertising in aquamail Pro  (Read 25715 times)

Justin

Re: Advertising in aquamail Pro
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2018, 09:41:35 am »
For your information:

Issue with ads in AquaMail Pro still exists. In biggest german speaking Android forum there is still a sub-forum, but there is hardly any support left, generally less traffic.

Last thread yesterday: https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/aqua-mail.2241/appvorschlag-in-aquamail-abstellen.896015.html

You can see that users trust the company less and less. Main thread about ads in pro version has hundreds of active clicks, thread about changed privacy policy at that time has thousands of clicks.

I would suggest again to remove those ads. I don't know anybody who likes it.

Does these advertisements really increase sales of the office suite so much, so it's worth damaging AquaMail's standing?

arf8

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2018, 09:47:40 am »
Don't expect them to change anything. Their desperation and arrogance reeks. Best to just downgrade to an older version or request a refund through Google for violation of the terms and spirit of a Paid and Ad free app which I'm sure people have reported them for. If it's not this it's another useless change they deem fit as a "feature", laughable at best and they are all complicit.

Justin

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2018, 04:27:28 pm »
No, I will not request a refund, I am currently using AquaMail for the time being.

People are becoming more and more suspicious of Mobisystems. Although I don't see the advertising myself anymore, I wonder what will come next. That's how many people feel, the name AquaMail is no longer what it used to be.

Maybe there will be more advertising? Maybe you have to pay more for more features?

That's why I do it like many others:
You test, observe and discuss other good email apps. And when the time comes when AquaMail does even more such things, you can switch to another e-mail app relatively quickly. Then the inhibition threshold is no longer high.

arf8

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2018, 08:41:49 pm »
I agree they have given into the greed and ignored their user base completely.

What aquamail fails on is security that was requested years ago, but hey they have time to botch priority notifications and text to speech that no one uses because of their arrogance so K9 is an option and you can customize is pretty well with pgp.

Curious what others have been using as this is not the first time people left AM as a result of their own actions with less and less trust.

Wizardling

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2019, 02:26:32 pm »
Re: And if forced upon every time I Open the attachment

This prompt will only show a limited number of times - and it's a very small number.

We do understand that if the user is not interested - he / she is not interested.

In case when there are *no* apps that are able to open a particular attachment type, the prompt will show a few times more (which I hope makes sense).

I just experienced this with a PDF attachment. PDF. Shall I inform you how many PDF reading apps there already are on my Pixel 2? :-) Not to mention the default app for PDFs is already set.

Seriously - don't ever show me unsolicited advertising less than a day after I've paid $16.99 to remove ads. Doing so is just plain unethical.
Frog blast the vent core!

phred

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2019, 03:10:36 pm »
I've paid $16.99 to remove ads. Doing so is just plain unethical.
I'm curious - is the $16.99 USD? And if so, how many licenses did you buy? Because the Play store version is currently selling for $9.99.

Also, more to your issue, the 'ad' should only appear three times if you have PDF apps already installed. It did for me and for others.

Wizardling

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2019, 03:18:12 pm »
I've paid $16.99 to remove ads. Doing so is just plain unethical.
I'm curious - is the $16.99 USD? And if so, how many licenses did you buy? Because the Play store version is currently selling for $9.99.

Also, more to your issue, the 'ad' should only appear three times if you have PDF apps already installed. It did for me and for others.

NZD.

And even if this ad - and it is an ad - goes away after a while, I still shouldn't see it after the promise that paying would free me from ads. This is deceptive and unethical. Not the worst such behaviour I've experienced, but it damages trust.
Frog blast the vent core!

phred

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2019, 03:55:17 pm »
NZD.
Ahhh ... I feel much better.

And even if this ad - and it is an ad - goes away after a while, I still shouldn't see it after the promise that paying would free me from ads. This is deceptive and unethical. Not the worst such behaviour I've experienced, but it damages trust.
I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying after three appearances it went away and I went on with my life. A small price to pay for what is the best Android mail client I've had the pleasure of using.

Cukierkas

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2019, 05:00:25 pm »
NZD.
Ahhh ... I feel much better.

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying after three appearances it went away and I went on with my life. A small price to pay for what is the best Android mail client I've had the pleasure of using.
I must double it. Resently changed the rom, that naggy add went away after couple of attachments. Way better than it was before :D

mikeone

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2019, 05:00:44 pm »
NZD

Maybe, he meant New Zealand Dollars?

16.99 NZD - > 11.60 US-Dollar

8)