Author Topic: Advertising in aquamail Pro  (Read 25712 times)

nadir husain

Re: Advertising in aquamail Pro
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2018, 02:34:12 am »
@ParisGeek Sir, what is your definition of a non professional user? I think Aquamail is the best app for all users -professional and non professional . Kostya is an absolute genius.

nadir husain

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2018, 09:18:07 am »
@ParisGeek Agree on that. Sorry my understanding was not clear before.
Best wishes to you.

nadir husain

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2018, 10:11:28 am »
I will start now :)

Justin

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 10:57:36 am »
I don't know the exact reason of adding this link to their othet app - and I have no financial interest in Aquamail.

And additionally you don't know anything about the strategy of Mobisystems, which was planned when buying AquaMail.

Do you know what comes next? No. And Mobisystems (and Kostya) don't tell us. No reply in this thread for 2 weeks.

I guess that there are not enough new paid users to finance Aquamail developments, so Mobisystems need to find other sources of revenue.

I would donate once more, if it helped. But:

Mobisystems (and Kostya) promised "ad-free" for the pro-key. This means "ad-free".

This is the first app, I know which shows ads in a paid pro version. I can not recommend such an app to others. So other users can not, too:

https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/aqua-mail.2241/aquamail-mit-werbung-in-pro-version.892023.html

mikeone

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2018, 01:44:13 pm »
Re: Ad-free means Ad-free means Ad-free...

Yes makes sense. We'll discuss it.
Hi Kostya, do you have any news regarding my previous suggestion:

Please remove the advertising, at least if the user has already installed apps, which are able to open a particular attachment type.

It's a compromise, I know. But it would be definitely less aggressive for the (paid!) user.

Justin

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 06:48:48 pm »
FYI:

2 weeks ago Kostya wrote in this thread:

Re: Ad-free means Ad-free means Ad-free...

Yes makes sense. We'll discuss it.

After 2 weeks of silence by Mobisystems we don't see results of that discussion, instead Kostya renewed (in another thread) his definition of ads:

Re: Is this version the last ad-free version for users with pro-key?

Pro versions are still Ad Free.

Maybe our "file open / office suite prompt" looks like an ad to you, but it isn't.

Seriously? An unwanted popup with a request to install another app, this is not an ad? What else?

What comes next in 3 months? More ads in the pro version?

Can we please have a new paid extra-pro-key to avoid this popup ad? ;)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:50:19 pm by Justin »

Kostya Vasilyev

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2018, 05:17:11 pm »
Re: Seriously? An unwanted popup with a request to install another app, this is not an ad? What else?

Quoting *selectively* is so charming.

I gave two specific differences vs. "real ads".

By the way, those (differences) also address the "what about high security corporate environment" point made above.

And so yes, personally I understand why there are people here (and elsewhere, on that German forum) are calling these "ads" but I still personally don't think they are ads.

"Similar to", "bordering on" ads, whatever - but they're not ads proper.

That's my opinion. It's not the same as Justin's opinion but it's mine, my opinion, not Justin's opinion.

And Justin's opinion is not same as mine because that's his opinion and not my opinion.

Are we all clear on this "different people sometimes have different opinions" thing?

---

And then I should also make it clear (more clear than ever before) - I can't speak for MobiSystems and can't make any promises about the future (which I don't think I ever did).

If anyone wishes to get a comment from MobiSystems - please email support.
Creating debug logs for diagnostics: https://www.aqua-mail.com/troubleshooting/

The official FAQ: https://www.aqua-mail.com/faq/

Лог-файлы для диагностики: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/troubleshooting/

Вопросы и ответы: https://www.aqua-mail.com/ru/faq/

OhWell

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2018, 06:29:19 pm »
I guess it was good while it lasted. So many apps over the years have come and gone and I'll just add this one to the list. I asked for a refund but I doubt they'll give it to me. Best thing everyone can do is leave one star reviews explaining why it's so bad now with them forcing their apps down your throat even if you paid for AquaMail. This is just the beginning I'm afraid.

Kostya - You are a great developer. I understand why you went with MobiSystems, we all have mouths to feed. And I understand that you have to defend their practices since they are still paying you. But please don't be condescending about it. This is your userbase who have stood behind you all these years. Oh well.  Someday I hope you get your app back and we can all install it again.

Justin

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2018, 06:50:13 pm »
@Kostya Example of a "real" ad:

A user taps on an attachment in a mail app. He expects the file to be open by the default app. Instead suddenly a popup shows up with advertisement for another app, The user mus close this window by tapping "Use default app".

This is a "real" ad. Of course there are worse ads in the world. But it's (for me) the first time that a paid app ("ad-free" in description) shows ads. As said, you and Mobisystems crossed a line.

This is why many people are angry and afraid of the future of AquaMail. See all the comments on play store. Found another forum thread about it (sorry, again only german), btw:
https://www.androidpit.de/forum/781004/jetzt-hat-aquamail-pro-auch-werbung

And then I should also make it clear (more clear than ever before) - I can't speak for MobiSystems and can't make any promises about the future (which I don't think I ever did).

You work for MobiSystems and you defend their strategy. Sorry, as user; You belong to MobiSystems and you don't speak for them? Impossible.

If anyone wishes to get a comment from MobiSystems - please email support.

Wow.  MobiSystems decided to ignore the feedback of users in this forum?  No comment? :o

Really? I'm stunned.

You chose a strange company to sell your app...

mikeone

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2018, 09:07:52 am »
Well, MobiSystems will shoot themselves in the foot if they are unable to hear at the user's feedback.

They are doing itself a disservice:
... just look into the ratings at the Play Store. OMG, nice job from the "MobiSystems - Team"  8)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:17:13 am by mikeone »

Justin

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2018, 12:31:58 pm »
@mikeone
You noticed that Mobisystems doesn't give a damn what users write, especially in this forum with "more interested" users?

This attitude I never experienced with other apps. Exception: QuickPic after the takeover by CM.

Now you find many modded versions of QuickPic in the world. And on xda meanwhile I found a Version of AquaMail v. 1.16, signed with a different key.

I don't know what comes in future, but I don't trust Mobisystems (and btw also Kostya's split personality) anymore.

I thought Mobisystems was listening to the feedback of users, especially in this forum. Now I read that I have to "write an email to the support".

gkiers

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2018, 05:56:26 pm »
Please remove the advertising! I bought the PRO-key, and demand ad-free, as promised.
I've recommended this app to many people, but that is the past now. Feel sorry for Kostya.
Used to be excellent, now it is damaged.

OhWell

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2018, 06:22:44 pm »
I contacted their support team. They gave me the b.s. line that it will eventually go away. I contacted Google as this is so shady it's ridiculous. Not even mentioning in any update log, hijacking my system by not opening the default app I selected.

I already uninstalled it and won't ever reinstall it. I know I won't get a refund. Just spread the word to others on Android app forums, Reddit, etc... A crap company all around. I don't know how people can live with themselves doing things like this just for a little money.

And shame on you Kostya for defending them. You should walk away.

Bye all.

Philip

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2018, 11:53:00 pm »
Just encountered this today, when I went to open a PDF despite already having 3 apps on my handset which can display PDFs.

It's an ad, pure and simple. In an app where I paid for an ad-free version.

The developers are dishonest, disingenuous liars - they deserver every 1* review and every slating that they get on Reddit and elsewhere on the 'net.

mikeone

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2018, 12:05:39 am »
It's an ad, pure and simple. In an app where I paid for an ad-free version.
Absolutely, unquestionable - and unacceptable for an ad-free described pro version.