Author Topic: AquaMail and Mi Band 3 notification issue  (Read 1997 times)

jfcg

AquaMail and Mi Band 3 notification issue
« on: September 06, 2018, 05:43:01 pm »
In the new Mi Band 3 it is possible to preview text notifications from applications. It is working great for another apps, such as WhatsApp or Telegram. It's even working well in AquaMail when you have only a new mail notification. You can read a preview of the message from the band.

The problem is when you have more than one. In Android 7+ they are bundled and the message I get on the band is "AquaMail: Smart Folder:x unread messages", where x is the number of unread messages. And even I have turned ON "Support for smart watches" to expand them individually, I get exactly the same message, so it seems it hasn't any effect on Mi Band 3.

Also, in WhatsApp or Telegram, each notification isn't expanded individually as in "Support for smart watches" and new messages are previewed, so I think Mi Band 3 is reading the message from another place.

Is it possible to make it working to read new messages in Mi Band 3? I think it's a very popular device and many people would be grateful as I.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 06:03:34 pm by jfcg »

jfcg

Re: AquaMail and Mi Band 3 notification issue
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 12:08:07 pm »
After some hours of testing, it seems that "Support for smart watches" is not applied immediately after is turned ON, so after that some notifications can remain with messages like "AquaMail: Smart Folder:x unread messages".

But after a while, it works as expected! I will more testing, but I think Aqua Mail is working properly with Mi Band 3 and "Support for smart watches".

Sorry for the inconvenience.