Author Topic: URGENT BUG: AquaMail Pro + Zoho Mail IMAP combo 100% (completely) broken ...  (Read 13653 times)

nyceyes

Hello:

I'm posting this as a 100% down situation, not a regular bug. Suddenly, AquaMail Pro stopped working with Zoho Mail IMAP. I don't know why. Nothing was changed on my end.

Having tried all of the items discussed in the following post, my best guess is that Zoho made some change(s) that AquaMail was not ready to deal with (or is incompatible with):

Zoho Mail IMAP is working with other Android clients (e.g. Gmail client) using the same IMAP settings.

Can the AquaMail team look into this? (Please & Thank You).

Again, this is a 100% not working situation, not a regular bug.

Thank you in advance!

mikeone

IMAP is an official 'Internet standard protocol' used by email clients to retrieve email messages from a mail server over a TCP/IP connection. IMAP is defined by RFC 3501
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3501

nyceyes

IMAP is an official 'Internet standard protocol' used by email clients to retrieve email messages from a mail server over a TCP/IP connection. IMAP is defined by RFC 3501
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3501

Correct.
But can AquaMail team please replicate?

EDIT: Above, I took care to mention Zoho "change", but not specifically an IMAP change. :)
The best option is if AquaMail team tries to connect to Zoho Mail with their phone.
Thank you!

EDIT2: This is in the above URL, too, but just to restate that I also have two GMAIL accounts and one YAHOO account configured in my same AquaMail client, using the same IMAP port and security settings (mentioned in the URL), and all three work fine. So the issue is combinational: AquaMail + Zoho Mail IMAP.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 11:22:47 pm by nyceyes »

twill

I am also affected.

I have two Zoho accounts configured, one account is affected.  I didn't realize it until I received an e-mail 12 hours late.

The account which isn't affected, is a fairly inactive account.

It's a 99% down situation for me - as I did get one e-mail 12 hours late.

I was thinking this was a Zoho issue - but maybe not.

nyceyes

I am also affected.

I have two Zoho accounts configured, one account is affected.  I didn't realize it until I received an e-mail 12 hours late.

The account which isn't affected, is a fairly inactive account.

It's a 99% down situation for me - as I did get one e-mail 12 hours late.

I was thinking this was a Zoho issue - but maybe not.

Thank you for confirming this, too!

I'm guessing that if right now you send a new email to both of your Zoho Mail accounts -- from, say, a spare GMAIL account -- and then go to AquaMail on your phone and press the "refresh mail" icon, you'll probably never get them.

Because you'll likely get this error each time you press the "refresh mail" icon:
======================================
Error checking mail: Network Error: Unexpected end of network stream.

phred

Perhaps not the cause, but isitdownrightnow.com is showing that both IMAP servers for ZOHO are down. If that's correct, then this isn't an AM problem and there's nothing that can be done from the AM side.

nyceyes

Perhaps not the cause, but isitdownrightnow.com is showing that both IMAP servers for ZOHO are down. If that's correct, then this isn't an AM problem and there's nothing that can be done from the AM side.
What is the specific URL that shows Zoho IMAP servers are down (and where/region)?

Also-1: The issue -- as described -- has been going for two days; not just right now. There would be a lot of internet-sphere noise/complaints if Zoho IMAP was down for two days. I don't see mass complaints (... and if anyone sees them, specifically for IMAP, please let me know).

Also-2: As mentioned above, I've tried other IMAP clients into Zoho Mail (the Android GMAIL client, for example), and they connect and download messages via IMAP without issue. So Zoho Mail IMAP is up for me.

But there is something infinitely superior to conjecture or guessing here -- Simply try it:
  • AquaMail Pro + Zoho Mail via IMAP (I use AquaMail Pro and Zoho Mail Pro).
  • imap.zoho.com; Port 993, SSL (strict). And any other variation they wish to try.
  • Then, if that fails, try the same IMAP settings with, say, the Android GMAIL client.
I haven't heard that AquaMail has tried this (though it's still the weekend).

Finally, assuming there's no connectivity distinction between Zoho Mail - Free and Zoho Mail - Pro, anyone is free to try this combination with Zoho Mail - Free and AquaMail - Free.

I use Pro versions for both Zoho Mail and AquaMail. Perhaps it doesn't make a difference, but I want to be complete here just in case it does.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 09:20:55 pm by nyceyes »

twill

Because you'll likely get this error each time you press the "refresh mail" icon:

I found this thread after Googling that error message.

But only one of my Zoho accounts returns that message.  The other refreshes fine.

nyceyes

I found this thread after Googling that error message.

But only one of my Zoho accounts returns that message.  The other refreshes fine.

Thank you. Assuming both of your Zoho Mail accounts are set up on the same AquaMail client (on the same phone, of course), can you check for any IMAP account settings difference(s) between your two Zoho Mail accounts in AquaMail? That could provide further clues. Thanks!

twill

Thank you. Assuming both of your Zoho Mail accounts are set up on the same AquaMail client (on the same phone, of course), can you check for any IMAP account settings difference(s) between your two Zoho Mail accounts in AquaMail? That could provide further clues. Thanks!

I have already checked account settings.  Settings appear fine.  If it matters - the account that works is less active than the other, and I think it's the admin account as well.

My guess is this is a Zoho issue.  Comments on downdetector indicate possibly widespread Zoho issues three days ago, whatever was causing problems might not have been fixed completely.

Justin

• imap.zoho.com; Port 993, SSL (strict). And any other variation they wish to try.

Are you sure, you chose the right server?

Following the support page of Zoho, I assume, the right server for your pro-account might could be:

imappro.zoho.com

https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/imap-access.html#alink1

Here the Zoho's tutorial for Android mail apps:
https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/android-imap-access.html#alink2

Again: imappro.zoho.com
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:32:43 pm by Justin »

nyceyes

Are you sure, you chose the right server?

Following the support page of Zoho, I assume, the right server for your pro-account might could be:

imappro.zoho.com

https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/imap-access.html#alink1

Hi Justin:

Thank you for the tip/pointer. Sadly, I tried both servers as of Friday. I should have mentioned that, too, in my original post. So I have already tried imap.zoho.com as well as imappro.zoho.com.

Note that I always log in as the PERSONAL user (so I use imap.zoho.com), and not as my ORGANIZATIONAL user (which uses imappro.zoho.com). The page you referred to makes that distinction, which I have always followed. :) But, indeed, I tried both.

One oddity is why it works with the GMAIL client. This is why I'm (humbly) suggesting that it may be a combinational issue between AquaMail + Zoho IMAP... meaning, an edge-case that may have been revealed. Thanks!

EDIT1: P.S. Per your second webpage reference, I'll stay on imappro.zoho.com. Though it's the same issue for either server.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:47:17 pm by nyceyes »

nyceyes

Just a note that I'll need extra help from the community now.  ::) Why?

Moments ago I disabled 2FA from my Zoho account, just to try it. When one does that, Zoho deletes all Application Specific Passwords that were previously generated. No worries,... I expected that and simply created new ones.

Now for the part I didn't expect ...
I can't update my AquaMail client with any new password (whether app-specific or main account password) until this IMAP issue is fixed because -- since connecting via IMAP isn't working -- the AquaMail manual setup wizard can't verify that it's a correct password, and so doesn't save it.

So basically I'm one step backwards now (no password in AquaMail for me). (._.)
Now I get the expected "credentials error" message.  ::)

But don't let this password saving hurdle distract from the thread. :)

I'll just have to keep trying the wizard now instead of pressing the refresh icon.  ::) Thanks!

nyceyes

I hope the AquaMail team can investigate and fix this issue quickly today. I've been using PRO for many years and have everything set up perfectly for my business and personal requirements. No other email client comes close in function and form.  :-[

phred

What is the specific URL that shows Zoho IMAP servers are down (and where/region)?
I provided the URL to Is It Down Right Now. Follow the link and then enter the server address you're trying to use. I used imap.zoho.com and imappro.zoho.com. Both showed as down. And again this morning. Although I do admit it's interesting that you're able to connect via other apps. I guess you're just going to have to wait for Kostya to weigh in on the issue.